A big project!

Omer

Anarchist
As a matter of curiosity did she have any tanks for water or else? Where were they fitted? Or just barrels strapped somewhere?
The tanks seemed very flimsy to me. As if they had no baffles. I cannot imagine the sloshing if that is the case.
How about a flexi tank fitted inside a steel cage where there is no contact between the diesel and the carrying structure. just take it out and replace if needed.

Bristol-Cruiser

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
As a matter of curiosity did she have any tanks for water or else? Where were they fitted? Or just barrels strapped somewhere?
The tanks seemed very flimsy to me. As if they had no baffles. I cannot imagine the sloshing if that is the case.
How about a flexi tank fitted inside a steel cage where there is no contact between the diesel and the carrying structure. just take it out and replace if needed.
He mentioned that water and waste tanks are coming soon. They needed diesel tanks earlier because they needed to be in place for other work to be done.

t.rex

EPISODE 138

In this episode we follow some really interesting and complex joinery on deck.

The hatch sills, built by Clifton, feature some mind-bending half-lap mitre joints and some very challenging coves.

The bulwark termination block is an unusual feature that Tally Ho was originally built with, and gets remade from some large purple heart blocks.

We also receive some beautiful new tanks which get installed in the bilge, and have a lot of fun playing with some knives.

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
We also receive some beautiful new tanks which get installed in the bilge
Stainless steel water tanks, not diesel. Two at 72 gallons each.
"so we could actually use a 3D point cloud laser scan of the inside of the boat"
water_tanks.jpg

water_tanks2.jpg

water_tanks3.jpg

Last edited:
Paid advertising has arrived on the channel. Does anyone need any knives?

Doesn't bother me, actually. It's for a good cause.
Actually, i liked the sillyness they produced for the ad. They got it well tied into the topic of woodworking and shipbuilding.
Far superior than abruptly reading something about a vpn or some online course in stock trading.

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
East central Illinois
Not to mention Checka or however her name was spelled. It is hard to visit this project now, but when he was still in Sequim I was able to visit. They were finishing up the framing then. He might have to make one more stop in NA, to Canada for a summer to finish things off before sailing away. Also interesting to note the continuing parallels with Acorn to Arabella, who are also working on their masts and cockpit and interior, and also have a major player who departed the project. To keep these things going it takes a confident forceful individual and they have to be able to move on from relationships to new ones. Both these projects have that individual.

Latest posts