A-Class Admiral's Cup Regatta This Weekend

AClass USA 230

Anarchist
Louisiana
Twenty one (21) A-Class catamarans are pre-registered for this coming weekend for the 1st annual Admiral's Cup regatta to be held on Port Charlotte Bay and sailed from Ben and Nan Hall's new property in Bokeelia, FL. It is hoped that with the number of pre-registered boats, the fleet size will end up at around 25-30 boats.

The event schedule begins on Friday with an all day rig setup/tuning and boat handling clinic taught by 2007 A-Class World Championship runner-up and multiple A-Class North American Champion Lars Guck. Lars will continue to be on the water on Saturday, the first day of racing and will conduct a de-brief of the racing at the end of the day. Racing concludes on Sunday.

For more info, check out the class website at www.usaca.info

LCD

Twenty one (21) A-Class catamarans are pre-registered for this coming weekend for the 1st annual Admiral's Cup regatta to be held on Port Charlotte Bay and sailed from Ben and Nan Hall's new property in Bokeelia, FL. It is hoped that with the number of pre-registered boats, the fleet size will end up at around 25-30 boats.

The event schedule begins on Friday with an all day rig setup/tuning and boat handling clinic taught by 2007 A-Class World Championship runner-up and multiple A-Class North American Champion Lars Guck. Lars will continue to be on the water on Saturday, the first day of racing and will conduct a de-brief of the racing at the end of the day. Racing concludes on Sunday.

Why is this 2009 posting here?

Foghorn77

Super Anarchist

Why is this 2009 posting here?
The same regatta is / was this weekend in Islamorada.

How 'bout it A class 230 ? What happened?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

FinnPin

Maryland
sorry dudes.

Grabbed the wrong post when i was searching for 2011 results.

Does anyone have any results for the A Cat regatta in the keys this week?

TracyO

Three of the best days of sailing that I can remember. Clear water, sun and 12-16 knots with great competition!!!

I expect there to be great Go-Pro camera footage to come. Ben Moon had some awesome footage that I'm sure we'll see after editing.

Thanks Ben, Nan, Warren, Dennis, Steve, Carol, Vanessa, Shelly...................

AClass USA 230

Anarchist
Louisiana
I'll have pics and an article for the SA editor later this week covering this event and the conclusion of the series. Ben Moon got some excellent on board video that we will eventually get edited and posted on this site and You Tube.

2011 Admiral's Cup had perfect weather, three days of 12-16 knots of breeze, sunny, mid 70's. Great debriefs in the afternoon by Jay Glaser.

Quick Results (24 boats):

1. Matt Struble

2. Lars Guck

3. Ben Moon

4. Three way tie between Woody Cope, Brett Moss, and Bob Hodges (tie-breaker settled in that order)