A GOP Congressman Finally Reads The Report

Dog

Super Anarchist
You keep saying that but actually Democrats are investigating your boy Shitstain as part of their Oversight responsibilities. You remember Oversight.
“These are facially valid legislative purposes, and it is not for the court to question whether the Committee’s actions are truly motivated by political considerations,” ...Judge Mehta

MR.CLEAN

Not here
“These are facially valid legislative purposes, and it is not for the court to question whether the Committee’s actions are truly motivated by political considerations,” ...Judge Mehta
Don't tell me you're looking for an activist judge who will break with the 200 years of precedent that gives full deference to congress's stated intent.  Is that what you want?  A judge that doesn't follow the constitution and completely settled law?

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
What's laughable is notion that the Democrats want Trump's financial records for legitimate legislative purposes. 

Investigations motivated by evidence of criminal misdeeds are acceptable?

Good. Because there is ample evidence in a document referred to as the “Mueller Report.” Perhaps you haven’t read it. Inside you would find evidence  that our president and his team have hidden and lied about contacts with foreign nationals throughout the campaign and during his tenure as president including business dealings. 

There is further evidence that the president attempted to obstruct this investigation and so knowledge of potential financial motives for such lying, cover up and obstruction are important to a congress fulfilling it’s oversight obligations.

Any questions? Read the report on which these questions are based.
@Dog is basing all of his arguments on willful ignorance 

Last edited by a moderator:

Dog

Super Anarchist
Don't tell me you're looking for an activist judge who will break with the 200 years of precedent that gives full deference to congress's stated intent.  Is that what you want?  A judge that doesn't follow the constitution and completely settled law?
No....What worked for Joe McCarthy still works today.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Please...You pretend Democrats don't want Trump's financial records to look for dirt and Democratic shit smells like ice cream.
What were Republicans doing during Watergate when they investigated the postage spent on the cat 'Socks'?

Dog

Super Anarchist
I find the practice corrupt. Who here will complain about it when Democrats do it if not me?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Justin Amash Doubles Down

..."Mueller's report describes a consistent effort by the president to use his office to obstruct or otherwise corruptly impede the Russian election interference investigation because it put his interests at risk," Amash writes at the beginning of a 20-tweet thread highlighting a number of incidents outlined in the Mueller report where Trump appears to have attempted to shut down the investigation.

Specifically, Amash points to Trump's request to the FBI director that the bureau stop investigating Michael Flynn, Trump's order that then–White House Counsel Don McGahn have Mueller removed from the investigation (a demand McGahn ignored), and Trump's subsequent decision to tell McGahn to lie about the incident in public records.

"Some of the president's actions were inherently corrupt," Amash concludes. "Other actions were corrupt—and therefore impeachable—because the president took them to serve his own interests."

The reactions from the president and his supporters have been instructive. Trump lashed out by calling Amash "a loser." House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R–Calif.) went on television to declare that Amash "votes more with Nancy Pelosi than he ever votes with me," which isn't even close to being true. The House Freedom Caucus, which Amash co-founded, voted to condemn him for having the audacity to exercise his freedom to criticize the president. A Trump-supporting state representative announced plans to primary Amash in 2020.

Though it all, the libertarian-leaning congressman has maintained a level head. He's turned down what are surely endless requests to appear on cable news, but he did take time to talk to a group of schoolchildren from Michigan who were visiting the Capitol this week.

He has behaved, in other words, like a dignified representative of the people who is thoughtfully approaching one of the most serious questions a member of Congress can consider: Should the sitting president be removed from office?

Whether or not you agree with Amash's conclusions on that question, his demeanor over the course of this week—and his rational outline of his specific criticisms of Trump—stand in stark contrast to how most of Trump's defenders and the president himself have reacted....
And once again I apologize for posting more Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading. I'm as sorry as usual.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Has any of our local elk population grown a pair or are they still just a caucus of eunuchs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Has any of our local elk population grown a pair or are they still just a caucus of eunuchs?
As long as they can refrain from reading the report, they have plausible deniability....  After all, who needs to read a report about a hostile foreign power interfering in our elections.  It's not like they would ever favor the non-American party.  

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
As long as they can refrain from reading the report, they have plausible deniability....  After all, who needs to read a report about a hostile foreign power interfering in our elections.  It's not like they would ever favor the non-American party.  
That and a lot of participation in the gun threads.