A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
1664634658468.png

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
i think Brazil could be a little more volatile
It sure could, Bolsonaro is not afraid to use force. The fact that he was down 12 points the day before could be the opposition’s saving grace. It would never happen, but I wish Biden would say he is sending American troops just to see MAGA, Fox and Trump completely implode.

Virgulino Ferreira

Super Anarchist
Brazil
the fascists almost pulled it off here on J6. if they get the ball rolling in Brazil, it could get really ugly.

i think Brazil could be a little more volatile

Worst comes to worst, we have a few dozen dead morons, and that's it. Absolutely zero risk to democracy. This whole "fascist" narrative is driven by the other candidate, his whole campaign is based on this narrative that "only he can save democracy". (When he has a long history of anti-democratic actions).

It's as if President Alex Jones is running for re-election, but in the end, we will elect former President Donald Trump to save us.

We're fucked.

Last edited:

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
It sure could, Bolsonaro is not afraid to use force. The fact that he was down 12 points the day before could be the opposition’s saving grace. It would never happen, but I wish Biden would say he is sending American troops just to see MAGA, Fox and Trump completely implode.
He is far more likely to get fragged by the military or just plain overrun by the people than Putin or the Hungarian madman. Not Russia down there. He also has his offshore landing pad set up and his secret accounts plumped up and will exit stage left before he gets strung up or blown up. That's my completely unsupported opinion this morning.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
the fascists almost pulled it off here on J6. if they get the ball rolling in Brazil, it could get really ugly.
They didn't "almost pull it off".

It was just a riot - there were way bigger ones routinely in the late 60's.

Shit - they didn't even set fire to anything.

It was only the optics that made it look significant.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
They didn't "almost pull it off".

It was just a riot - there were way bigger ones routinely in the late 60's.

Shit - they didn't even set fire to anything.

It was only the optics that made it look significant.

Let's say, just for a maybe, the nincomcoupers had succeeded in kidnapping a few Congresscritters. That was a chillingly near-miss, a few minutes either way or even one Capitol Police officer with a tad less courage, and it would have happened. Then what? Pretty much a certainty that the certification cannot proceed, and the Constitution decrees that after a delay period, the states vote one-by-one on the Presidential election... and Team T-RumpR! has more votes.

Or if Trump Himself had been slightly bolder and slightly less lazy and a slightly less dumb, and managed to send a hand-picked group of pro-Trump Nat'l Guard or Army troops in to "protect" Congress.

It really was a near-run thing, far too near-run.

Latest posts