ablebody

Strong 26 year old sailor looking for actual hands on sailing experience.

Have commercial fishing experience and an un-natural lack of fear for the water. Planning on buying my own boat in a short time but i don't know the first thing about the life i am about to take up with the purchase of said boat.

Do not expect money to change hands for water time. Can take orders easly, will not get sea sick and have deck boots and deep sea rain gear. Will sail anywhere without question as long as you teach me some stuff along the way and feed me a little - damn good cook too.

sinner

Super Anarchist
And the Pirate thing is about 400 years too late...in view of the shit-for-brains in the Arabian Sea-the diaper heads capturing a racing sailboat off Iran (Yeah, all spies use sailboats cause they're so fast and heavily armed!) and the criminals/killers in the Carribean, you might wish to lose the Pirate bumper sticker when looking for a ride (it makes 'wealthy boat owners' a bit uncomfortable).

But Hey! You never know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered choosing a moniker that doesn't suggest death and destruction in your attempt to market yourself?

And the Pirate thing is about 400 years too late...in view of the shit-for-brains in the Arabian Sea-the diaper heads capturing a racing sailboat off Iran (Yeah, all spies use sailboats cause they're so fast and heavily armed!) and the criminals/killers in the Carribean, you might wish to lose the Pirate bumper sticker when looking for a ride (it makes 'wealthy boat owners' a bit uncomfortable).

Give me some suggestions please (aside from put the jolly roger away). Where and how to start my life aquatic.

and as for the piracy. To me its a way of seeing the world rather than a way of interacting with it - in other words I'm no threat to yacht clubbers and other non-pirate folk - make sense?

Planning on buying my own boat in a short time but i don't know the first thing about the life i am about to take up with the purchase of said boat.
Two things

1) This makes you a threat to yacht-clubbers. This is like people who tell me they can drive a powerboat and claim to not have a liscense because it's "just like driving a car".

2) Look into a Mac26X, it's the best of both worlds. A sailboat AND a powerboat. It's the future of Yacht Design!

Then again, there are those seeking crew with a fair amount of knowlege on historical piracy and privateering. Both founded Wall Street bankers, in turn loaning the monies for a growing nation. Just a footnote from the deck of a privateering vessel.

If ya be pointin' that finger my way, our homeport on the transom of this 35 ton square-rigger says 'San Francisco', and I berthed in Sausalito for almost ten years, but we sailed away with the Tallship Challenge 2005 and haven't returned. Presently in New York, awaiting spring and this year's Tallships United Great Lakes 2010. 27 Tallships listed on my last email header....Yar-Bee-Gar, matey

Latest posts