AC36 CLASS RULE

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
You have to know how to use Google. This one took me 3 seconds to find

VSail.info: A recent development in the America’s Cup was a Jury decision regarding the alliance between Emirates Team New Zealand and Luna Rossa. If I’m not mistaken your team was the first to ask the Jury to rule on that cooperation between the two challengers. I have to admit I’m not aware of the details of that issue or what is at stake. Can you talk about it? Are you satisfied with the Jury’s ruling?

Paul Cayard: Yes, we are satisfied. The Jury ruled in line with our thinking which is that Luna Rossa and Emirates Team New Zealand cannot do what they said they would do. You haven’t read a lot about it because, basically, the ruling went against them and Grant Dalton hasn’t been speaking about that one as much as he’s speaking about the ones that go his way. It’s a big knock against them and they can’t sail the two boats against each other. It’s a big knock against their plans but it’s completely logical and it’s what Oracle Racing and we always believed to be the case and now the Jury confirmed that.

https://www.sail-world.com/Australia/Americas-Cup--Paul-Cayard-on-the-latest-Cup-developments/-92877?source=google
So basically, it was a clarification of the rule, not cheating lol

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
But that’s the point. It was not allowed by the rules, they entered into an illegal agreement. They ‘cheated.’
The agreement was legal, it was the details surrounding the agreement that were vague and left to interpretation ie training the race boats together, which is what ETNZ intended to do, but ultimately didn't after the ruling. A clarification was sought and thats what they got. It wasn't cheating.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
The agreement was legal
Can you read? The terms entered into were illegal. Illegal = cheating.

Am I going to go on and on about it, years later? No, because despite it being potentially a far more impactful deal than the AC45 corrector weight fiasco, that’d be simply idiotic. 

Last edited by a moderator:

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand
Bit 'aggressive' wouldn't you say Stingers? ;-)

By this rationale, any time any part of a boat failed MC that would be cheating.

Furthermore any time an IR ruling or appeal stopped a team from doing something they would have been cheating too.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand

Am I going to go on and on about it, years later? No, because despite it being potentially a far more impactful deal than the AC45 corrector weight fiasco, that’d be simply idiotic. 
Wrong again. All it was, was the two boat training Luna Rossa and ETNZ intended to enter into. The Jury ruled they were not allowed to train the two boats together, so they didn't. It was clarification only, sheesh. 

robberzdog

USA
If you read the case it was headed " Request for Interpretation of Protocol to ensure a possible agreement  with a Challenger or  Defender Candidate is compliant with the Rules that govern the Event".

You obviously can't understand the difference between a Request for Interpretation and a Protest or are just pushing some personal agenda against ETNZ. Which is it?

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
You obviously can't understand the difference between a Request for Interpretation and a Protest or are just pushing some personal agenda against ETNZ. Which is it?
Neither, but nice try!

The Jury said the Agreement was illegal, it was all about cheating.

robberzdog

USA
There were two cases AC06 where OTUSA asked the Jury for an interpretation as to whether they could sign an agreement with another Challenger or Defender candidate.

Having got a response on AC06, AC07 was lodged by Artemis Racing as to whether the cooperation agreement between ETNZ and LR and the "planned relationship may violate certain clauses of the Protocol."

The Int Jury viewed the ENTZ and LR cooperation agreement and limited its application in some aspects. That is all.

hoom

Super Anarchist
Orkland
I heard rumblings that there was discussion of walking back the giant spider monkey design concept
Frankly I hope so.

Something that is believable to work out of the box & be good to watch sailing.

Preferably also smaller & shallower to make base-building easier/cheaper. Shrink it to 60' with a sensible draught and the base options open up.

Correct Me if I am wrong, but isn't that exactly what happened with the 62?
Big difference is the AC62 was replaced nearly a year after the Rule had been published, Competitor group was established & a lot of design work had been done.

Switching/altering the concept before actually publishing the rule is a very different thing.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Because it was about Cheating, or the Int Jury would obviously not have found them guilty.
In all seriousness, it wasn't cheating. It was clarification about what was a vague interpretation of the rules. That is far from cheating. By your logic, anyone who seeks clarification regarding a rule is a cheater? 

robberzdog

USA
Spinray's logic is like asking a policeman directions to the bus-stop and then the bobby turns around and charges you with trying to steal it.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
In all seriousness, it wasn't cheating
The International Jury found GD guilty. His deal with P$B was illegal and they got busted for it. Yawn

A bigger question this time around given that history (the above misdeed dates to way back to June ‘11) is around if ‘COR/D’ will again work to disadvantage other Challengers.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
The International Jury found them guilty. 

Yawn
The International Jury did nothing of the sort. Still grasping at straws huh? The desperation to try and pin something on ETNZ is showing. Seriously, Google search "ETNZ get caught cheating" and see what comes up. Then Google search "Oracle Team USA get caught cheating" and see what comes up. There was cheating from one team, and we all know it wasn't the Kiwi's. 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
GD signed an illegal cooperation agreement between ETNZ and LR, they got busted for the cheating after Cayard callled them out on it, and they were forced to retreat - by the Jury. Guilty as charged.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
GD signed an illegal cooperation agreement between ETNZ and LR, they got busted for the cheating after Cayard callled them out on it, and they were forced to retreat - by the Jury. Guilty as charged.
Stingray has officially lost the plot people. He's lost his marbles. Once the voice of reason, he has been seduced..by the dark side of the Force.