AC36 CLASS RULE

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Stingray has officially lost the plot people. 
Just because you are unable to recall or even find the facts of the matter does not alter the fact they were found guilty.

It was a big discussion here in the forum too. GD tried to sell an intimate, illegal deal with P$B and now they are COR/D. That’s not even worth a serious think about? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Just because you are unable to recall or even find the facts of the matter does not alter the fact they were found guilty.

It was a big discussion here in the forum too. GD tried to sell an intimate, illegal deal with P$B and now they are COR/D. That’s not even worth a serious think about? 
Its not just me who is unable to find it...its everyone. Everyone except you. 

There was nothing Illegal about it. All Paul Cayard said was "The Jury accepted ETNZ are not allowed to do what they said they would do" Which means they intended to do something in the future, but after clarification of the rule, the jury ruled it wasn't allowed, therefor it didn't happen. No cheating on the part of ETNZ, nothing at all, the jury decision you speak of is a non issue, its nothing. Its definitely not cheating. How about Artemis? They cheated right? Outteridge, Percy, and even Cayard himself, the man who this all hinges, they competed in AC34 in a boat which did not even meet the AC72 class rule. Did they cheat? Come on Stingray...consistency mate lol

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Its not just me who is unable to find it...its everyone. Everyone except you. 

There was nothing Illegal about it. All Paul Cayard said was
You are really ignorant and should stop posting BS, this has nothing to do with Paul Cayard but everyting to do with the prot.

Article 35.5 b of the first version of the prot was very clear: "competitors shall not sail an AC62 in a coordinated manner with a competitor"

It was later amended with authorization for the host city of the AC

I would not got to say they cheated but they did not respect the prot, and it has nothing to do with the interpretation, it was very clear.

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
 The Deed makes provision for a Defender and a Challenger of Record. Mutual consent exists between a CoR and a Defender only, not a group of challengers.
Wrong again, and time to learn the basics before posting BS, the Deed only considers the challenger, the CoR only exists to make the difference with the other competitors in case of MC.

The MC is decided with the CoR but he can give upt its veto rights to the competitor forum.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
You are really ignorant and should stop posting BS, this has nothing to do with Paul Cayard but everyting to do with the prot.

Article 35.5 b of the first version of the prot was very clear: "competitors shall not sail an AC62 in a coordinated manner with a competitor"

It was later amended with authorization for the host city of the AC

I would not got to say they cheated but they did not respect the prot, and it has nothing to do with the interpretation, it was very clear.
"Article 35.5 b of the first version of the prot was very clear: "competitors shall not sail an AC62 in a coordinated manner with a competitor"

Wrong Protocol, before you accuse someone of not getting the basics right, make sure you get the basics right yourself.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Wrong again, and time to learn the basics before posting BS, the Deed only considers the challenger, the CoR only exists to make the difference with the other competitors in case of MC.

The MC is decided with the CoR but can give upt its veto rights to the competitor forum.
" the challenger" is the Challenger of Record.

"CoR only exists to make the difference with the other competitors in case of MC." Which is exactly what I just said.

Luna Rossas rights to make the decision for challengers makes the difference in the case of MC. So whats the problem?

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
" the challenger" is the Challenger of Record.

"CoR only exists to make the difference with the other competitors in case of MC." Which is exactly what I just said.

Luna Rossas rights to make the decision for challengers makes the difference in the case of MC. So whats the problem?
Jeezzz, the CoR word does not exist in the Deed.

The CoR only rights are the ones they agree with the defender in the MC. You  are completely wrong to say they have intrinsic rights, they have what the negociate. How long before you get it ?

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Jeezzz, the CoR word does not exist in the Deed.

The CoR only rights are the ones they agree with the defender in the MC. You  are completely wrong to say they have intrinsic rights, they have what the negociate. How long before you get it ?
The Challenger of Record is the Official Yacht Club who challenges the Defender. "The Challenger" The protocol is negotiated between the CoR and the Defender. The Challenger of Record holds veto rights over the rest of the Challengers, and reserves the right to make the decisions for the challengers, which is why it is so important to be challenger of record. 

https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-be-Challenger-of-Record-in-Americas-Cup

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
It really shows your ignorance. Jack Griffin is an excellent and knowledgeable person, but please read the Deed before making your uninformed comments.
Why? Please shut the fuck up. The Challenger of Record is the Official Challenger, they reserve the right to make decisions for the challengers. Thats the way it is.

We all know what it means to be the CoR. Quit playing Dumb.

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Why? Please shut the fuck up. The Challenger of Record is the Official Challenger, they reserve the right to make decisions for the challengers. Thats the way it is.
Did you read the Deed, you didn't. Please quote it with the "challenger of record". :lol:

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Yes, thanks to make me right. So, where is your "challenger of record" ? :lol:
No, if i was up to you, they'd be reading the wrong protocol wondering why they're not allowed to sail two boats together that have nothing to do with the Americas Cup! lol

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Did you read article 29.2 of AC34 protocol ? there were very strict limits of periods to sail the AC72 and what they tried to do with LR was not within the prot.
And they were within those limits. The request was whether they could train the two boats together, which was what the jury ruled on. Still grasping at straws lol

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Because it was about Cheating, or the Int Jury would obviously not have found them guilty.
STOP IT!!! I'm laughing so hard, Laughing tears  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still catching up, and I hope there's more trolling along the way, as this is the funniest thread since the end of ACBermuda.
Thanks!!!