The very first thing said today was by that RNZYS guy, and he said ETNZ would be the Defender.With respect to a 75ft foiling mono & state of tech, how do you envision oil becoming less relevant? Can he give any examples based on previous experience? Presumably have to move some ballast etc.
Russell Coutts has suggested he could get back into the game with a move back to Monos. Given Russell is one of the people that could raise the dough, what's your perspective on a defender series and potentially going head to head against Russell to represent the Cup?
Number 2 at least can be mitigated by having shared Met program of reasonable quality accessible by all teams, that would mean not only would you be playing with being turfed out by cheating, you would also not be gaining much by doing so.
- Will there be any limiting of computer aids used by the sailors during racing - ie. prohibiting electronic course-planning computers, automatic flight control, weather data calculation etc?
- How can something like the meteo data-gathering ban actually be policed?
- Will there be stored power on the boats?
- "Whats up with closing Challenger entry 2 months before the venue is announced? Isn't knowing the venue important for potential Challengers to know before committing to the event?"- Whats up with the bull shit 20% nationality rule?
- WTF is a "key stakeholder"?
- Whats up with closing Challenger entry 2 months before the venue is announced? Isn't knowing the venue important for potential Challengers to know before committing to the event?
- If Auckland can't get its shit together to host the event, would ETNZ/RNZYS look to another NZ city to host? The Kiwi's defending in Italy is so absurd it doesn't even warrant a question about it.
RNZYS.Is there anything to prevent an Ernesto or Larry funding a second defender and force a defender series as has happened in the past
They have Russell in country, Core boatbuilders in Whangarei and no shortage of talent available already resident in NZ.