AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Wake turbulence can have a drastic effect on large following aircraft as well. Especially with a bit of mishandling thrown in the mix. 
Oddly enough, one of the worst offenders for wake turbulence is the 757. Following aircraft are often requested to keep 10 miles of separation.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Ah good point. Must learn to read the whole sentence!

It seems a powerful position in low winds to me as it reduces the chance of getting stuck in a hole.
It’s also powerful because if you tack instead, then you can run ‘downhill’ to build speed approaching the gate, which is exactly what TR, but not LR, were able to do in R6.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
I'm getting used to it now....sounds like the boat has a soul  :lol:
And a carpenter below deck (or between the sails).
Holz_Tischler_am_Werk-1-e1479245081156.jpg

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Aren't we? 

Black Magic had a crew of 4.5 million in San Diego in 1995. All invested in the team through the red socks campaign.

Every day Te Rehutai goes out to race, she has a crew of 5 million people. All invested by the amount of Taxpayers money put into the team. Thats my money, my wife's money, my next door neighbors money. So we may not be physically on board the boat, but you can be damn sure we are competing.
5 million.....  we have more than that stuck in traffic just going to work.

marlowe

Anarchist
all at sea
Mozzy and his mate, in their latest vid, are spot on in pointing to the paradox of this AC so far. At 3-3 it's a close match but the actual racing, after the start, is a bit dull.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Mozzy and his mate, in their latest vid, are spot on in pointing to the paradox of this AC so far. At 3-3 it's a close match but the actual racing, after the start, is a bit dull.
Sadly, that's the case and a great shame. To be able to reliably predict the outcome after 3 minutes is not good as a sporting spectacle. I remember the race between INEOS and LRPP with 9 lead changes, very exciting. Pity we are not seeing that in the final itself.