AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
You are but not many else I suggest. Sailing is hardly a popular spectator sport.

Even in NZ outside of the AC practically nobody gives a fuck about it.
I'm sure I heard or read that it gets more attention from Kiwis than the All Blacks. I find that very hard to believe but I would not know.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
friend of mine in boston ph'd after  the race yesterday and said she'd watched it on commercial (whatever that is) and enjoyed it
It’s been ‘free to air’ on NBCSN for me (Comcast cable in my case) but there is about a 20 sec delay from VPN over YT. 

nroose

Super Anarchist
Berkeley
Isn't the population of Auckland 1 boat for every 4 people? 
Not sure this is true any more, but in '95, when NZ won, I am pretty sure it was reported that NZ had more sailboats than cars. I guess perhaps it might have been more boats than cars. But the point is the same. Most people in NZ leave near the ocean, and it's not some obscure sport.

Super Anarchist
Isn't the population of Auckland 1 boat for every 4 people? 
back in the day when we were all 50cent millionaires that'd have been close, lot different now though, getting a boat is still affordable ....... keeping/ maintaining one is a killer though,, powers that be have almost decreed that DIY shall be banished and are doing their best to make it so