AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
In October I was about to put some savings in a new bike, then COVID numbers started to rise and I thought about the first lockdown with the bar closed.
Then I switch to an espresso machine. Best. Choice. Ever.
Never separate an Italian from an espresso for more than a couple of days: terrible things can happen.
I must think about getting one. 

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
So far so good,
There is an emotional point of view as well.
You can't be serious about giving the cup to the Italians.
They invented mafia didn't they?
 ( I am pretty convinced the AC is a set up game)

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Anarchist
Restrictions are  on a per region base, depending on the index Rt.

Rome is going to red now, as milan and naples. So every pub and restaurant close. From next  Monday.  before, when n yellow zone they were open until 6pm. Here the map. Sorry I don't know why Sicily went cut away.

View attachment 434402
I'm still waiting for some artist to overlay a shapely leg in heels over that shape

laser 173312

Anarchist
South Wales
Nothing to do with a feud. 

I doubt any city outside the likes of monaco is that rich.

You're a new zealander it seems.

For every person living in ponsonby and remuera there's about 10 living on or around the poverty line in It's, Paptoetoe etc.

Truth is that most people can't afford a boat and then not everyone who can actually wants one.
No, I'm British. not English, not Welsh, not Scottish nor Irish, British. And when I visited NZL for the 2003 cup I was delighted to see boats of all sizes on the water. From massive liners, the Soren Larsen, people in Kayaks, a dog being towed on a surfboard. Hell I even saw Da Woody out there. Auckland is boat crazy, that's great in my book.

Such a shame NZ will not get the expected profit this year, but come the 37th cup, I'm sure they will.

KA Kolonial Australia
KZ Kolonial Zealand?

What is the meaning of KA in the Australian sail number?
Prior to 2000 the country code for the UK/GBR was a simple "K". All of the first 13 member countries of IYRU had a single letter prefix. History does not record exactly why the UK was given K.   G was awarded to Germany (English was the lingua franca) or perhaps because D went to Denmark, Nederlands got "H" because it was called Holland in English but Spain got E. But Norway got N.   Anyway, it was likely that K stood for Kingdom of the United Kingdom.

Then when the commonwealth countries joined , they all had the prefix K.  Australia KA, Canada KC, New Zealand KZ, South Africa KZA, Rhodesia KR, Bermuda KB etc.  It was a different era and it is amazing that the sail codes remained until 2000.

Super Anarchist
No, I'm British. not English, not Welsh, not Scottish nor Irish, British. And when I visited NZL for the 2003 cup I was delighted to see boats of all sizes on the water. From massive liners, the Soren Larsen, people in Kayaks, a dog being towed on a surfboard. Hell I even saw Da Woody out there. Auckland is boat crazy, that's great in my book.

Such a shame NZ will not get the expected profit this year, but come the 37th cup, I'm sure they will.
that was 2000 when woody did his drenched muskrat thing

Rhumline

Wellington
Nothing over 6kts forecast between 1600 and 1800 according to the free weather sites.  In fact 2-4 kts seems the consensus except for Bucklands Beach.

Local knowledge anyone?

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington

Two things:

1. Etnz still have to win it.

2. I have never believed the AC nor any other sporting event confers the sorts of financial benefits that get bandied around. Same goes for any public project such as museums etc.

In October I was about to put some savings in a new bike, then COVID numbers started to rise and I thought about the first lockdown with the bar closed.
Then I switch to an espresso machine. Best. Choice. Ever.
Never separate an Italian from an espresso for more than a couple of days: terrible things can happen.
Gaggia RI9380 plugged into a smart plug so I can get it started while showering. Forza espresso! For the second batch Bialetti 6 cup moka, after that I am properly caffeinated.

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
Correct,

In the boring part the Italians may take their part of history.
For the first time, they were in this game for a long time, So am I.

Still not sure what will happen if the Italians win the cup.
Better not let it happen.
Well I doubt the Italians can put on an AC more disappointing than this one.

Fuck all challengers and boring races.

Latest posts