AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
4 minutes ago, hoom said:

Regarding LR Race 6 start: Its not wake that was the problem it was the extended nearly straight downwind 2-foiling dive

They went into it at 31kt at the arrow but dropped to 20 by the time they came out onto starboard & then rounded straight up to committee (?) layline without any build.

During the dive Jimmy twice calls 'milking' ie he is in control & intentionally taking them lower.

Onboard mic Jimmy calls wake well after the round-up.

Bruni & the other guy (I forget name) are calling for power & speed repeatedly -> that was a Jimmy fuckup.

Good one. (and, Sibello) 

The wind dropped, they fell off the foils, and at the angle they had up to the gate it was simply game over from there.

Hopefully both teams can stay up through both prestarts today.. 

G

Auckland often delivers a nice afternoon sea breeze but there is a transition zone between North head and Takapuna where the prevailing SW fights with the SB, but since there is very little prevailing the SB will be the winner. In other news its going to be low tide for a while prior too and during the match thus exposing vast swathes of drying mud on the Manukau which sucks the breeze in. Usually it makes whatever is blowing a bit stronger. Add in the fact that Rangi two toes is essentially a lava rock that stores vast amounts of heat, you have a meteorologists conference on the go at all times :)   

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
She says the incoming tide will be on the shipping channel side, is that the right side of Course Alpha? 
Hello Stingray,

Much trolling battles, but I don't mind.
How are you today?

I am not looking forward the cup ends in Italian hands.
An old civil war between rich and poor is what I was told the mafia is.

And to settle it, make a rightfull government..

Possible, not even hard, but feasible.

I am pretty convinced the cup is a pre set game.
To give the cup to the Italians is a dangerous move.
With much more foul play ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
Have to say, you don't seem that supportive of TNZ.  Less than I am in fact, and I'm the other side of the world. If it was RNZYS v RYS my loyalties would be split. But FFS come on your a Kiwi.
Nothing I wrote indicated lack of support for ETNZ.

I am simply being realistic about their chances and the true benefits of hosting the cup.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
Nothing I wrote indicated lack of support for ETNZ.

I am simply being realistic about their chances and the true benefits of hosting the cup.
Untill proven otherwise by our Italian friends.
You can'be serious about this.
Next day a 2 -0 victory for ETNZ please.

By the way, did you kiwis noitice we the europeans, have to wait to 4 o clock PM to watch the show live?
That is in the middle of the night not to see the cup get lost to the Italians

Well good luck. It was best of 7 wasn't it?
Score 3-3.

Fingers crossed.

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
What we haven't seen in many races is if both boats get off the line at the same time and at full speed which one will get the jump? Will it be Luna Rossa with their high mode or NZ with their sheer speed? I think we may just see that happen today? And then we may know about who is going to break the deadlock we have ATM.

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
What we haven't seen in many races is if both boats get off the line at the same time and at full speed which one will get the jump? Will it be Luna Rossa with their high mode or NZ with their sheer speed? I think we may just see that happen today? And then we may know about who is going to break the deadlock we have ATM.
Yesterday we saw ETNZ in race 6 faster and less distance so I'm not sure about that high mode.

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Yesterday we saw ETNZ in race 6 faster and less distance so I'm not sure about that high mode.
Yeah but I'm talking more about winning the start because that's what is deciding the race today. I'd like to see both boats hit the line at full speed at the same time and see who wins out from there?

us7070

Super Anarchist
1 hour ago, hoom said:

Regarding LR Race 6 start: Its not wake that was the problem it was the extended nearly straight downwind 2-foiling dive

They went into it at 31kt at the arrow but dropped to 20 by the time they came out onto starboard & then rounded straight up to committee (?) layline without any build.

During the dive Jimmy twice calls 'milking' ie he is in control & intentionally taking them lower.

Onboard mic Jimmy calls wake well after the round-up.

Bruni & the other guy (I forget name) are calling for power & speed repeatedly -> that was a Jimmy fuckup.

on video you can _clearly_ see that they sail into a hole, with several kts less wind than ETNZ.

the "fuck up" was not seeing the hole - which I think would have been tough to do given all that's going on.

In the end, i think it's mostly bad luck