AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Nothing against PB, who I have enormous admiration for too, but yes: I had the same reaction to that video, for this and other ways JS spoke in that interview. He is very-very bright and confident, charisma-wise, still. I doubt either helm will have a pressure meltdown but am convinced that if either does, it will not be JS! 
I think you're confusing smart with smart-arse ;-).  He talks a good game, I'll give you that.  Unfortunately what you call confidence and charisma just comes across as "arrogant little shit" to most kiwis.  He's made a real effort during this cycle and I've tried to like him - but every now and then the real Jimmy comes out, particularly during the recent pressers.

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
I think you're confusing smart with smart-arse ;-).  He talks a good game, I'll give you that.  Unfortunately what you call confidence and charisma just comes across as "arrogant little shit" to most kiwis.  He's made a real effort during this cycle and I've tried to like him - but every now and then the real Jimmy comes out, particularly during the recent pressers.
Sensitive little snowflakes they are.

Piet56

Anarchist
Dumbjockistan
the real Jimmy comes out, particularly during the recent pressers.
The quality of the questions from those stupid muppets impersonating Journo's I am surprised he's not decked a few of them... Some of the questioning seriously put's into  question what these clowns are being taught at school - let alone in a trade course.....

accnick

Super Anarchist
I could have sworn I read it was the other way around, that only 20% could be non national.
From the Protocol:

10.1. All Crew racing in the CSS and the Match shall have the nationality of the country of the yacht club that the competing yacht club represents (“Nationality”).

10.2. The requirement of Nationality shall be satisfied:
a) if the person is a national of that country; or
b) if the person has his/her principal place of residence in that country; this is to say, if the person has been physically present in that country for at least three hundred and eighty [380] days during the two year period from 1st of September 2018 until 31st of August 2020 (or in the case of an accepted late entry during the two year period from the 1st of December 2018 to the 30th of November 2020) and has a permanent place of abode in that country where that person usually resides on a lasting rather than a temporary basis and is able to produce other supporting evidence of that country being his/her principal place of residence (such as economic ties, social ties, location of personal properties in that country, etc).

10.3. The number of Crew that qualify under 10.2 a) shall not be less than the closest natural number to 20% of the total Crew or three, whichever is the higher.

Latest posts