AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Kiwing

Super Anarchist
3,520
591
Bay of Islands
@winchfodder closing speeds of 80knots?  With one boat relative to the other traveling at max 30knots there is plenty of time.  Best way is not to try and hit them and protest, instead of trying to make it look like you would have hit them and then protesting?

 

NSP

Anarchist
915
198
 Did LR agree to the delay?
For consistency, I hope not.  The rules are the rules and they want to race.  Unless it's forecast to be windy against a stronger boat, in which case don't worry about the rules ... :p

 

Chimera

New member
There is pre trickle down already.
And major trickle down coming off designers drawing programs now big fast cruising boats with twin skins.
We shall see.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have AC type foils on my Sunfish, but I don't think many cruisers would opt to pay double for their sails, not to mention the control mechanisms. 

If I were still a boat builder nothings would make me happier than being able to charge double for AC tech.

 

strider470

Super Anarchist
For consistency, I hope not.  The rules are the rules and they want to race.  Unless it's forecast to be windy against a stronger boat, in which case don't worry about the rules ... :p
Not the same situation, I daresay, since the races haven't started yet. ACE in contrast are asking exemption to race on  level 3. As a precaution  they say. So it's no more affecting the honour.

 

NSP

Anarchist
915
198
Not the same situation, I daresay, since the races haven't started yet. ACE in contrast are asking exemption to race on  level 3. As a precaution  they say. So it's no more affecting the honour.
They asked for one last time as well, which is what kicked off the controversy - the NZ government expressed it's concern with racing even in level 2 (which proved to be correct given what we saw on the final weekend with packed boats with zero social distancing) hence the proposal concept was floated.  LR said no and the rest is history - I understand the OTT "honour" barb was directed at LR's refusal to accommodate the government's request and insist on sticking to the race schedule.  And a race is a race, it doesn't matter whether a series has started or not, every race is worth 1 point and equally important. 

 

strider470

Super Anarchist
They asked for one last time as well, which is what kicked off the controversy - the NZ government expressed it's concern with racing even in level 2 (which proved to be correct given what we saw on the final weekend with packed boats with zero social distancing) hence the proposal concept was floated.  LR said no and the rest is history - I understand the OTT "honour" barb was directed at LR's refusal to accommodate the government's request and insist on sticking to the race schedule.  And a race is a race, it doesn't matter whether a series has started or not, every race is worth 1 point and equally important. 
We already extensively discussed the matter in various threads. I don't agree, sorry.

 
Not the same situation, I daresay, since the races haven't started yet. ACE in contrast are asking exemption to race on  level 3. As a precaution  they say. So it's no more affecting the honour.
ACE could cancel this AC cycle and set a new schedule in April if need be by using   Force majeure  clause. An April event will give both teams a chance to improve their boats and at same time nullify the challengers advantage of being match fit battle hardened by racing two weeks after Prada Cup.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xlot

Super Anarchist
8,697
1,139
Rome
We're talking about what's in the Sailing Instructions, which may govern when the measurement declarations are due and the configuration is locked in.
Saw that, thanks. Regardless, I think LRPP will configure for 10-12 kts wind anyway

 

strider470

Super Anarchist
ACE could cancel this AC cycle and set a new schedule in April if need by using   Force majeure  clause.
The government can, not ACE. ACE is bound to follow government directions and, if there are not such impediments, the signed protocol and agreements. Unless of course there is a new agreement between the parts.

 
Last edited by a moderator:




Top