AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Respect dude for realizing the reality of the situation, the NZ govt controls everything 
Exactly! If the government doesn't want racing, then they can set the level to not allow racing. They can set that level just for the city or maybe even just for the port and the waters.

If the government think it is safe to race then they can set a level or give an exemption.

It is not a decision for LRPP, CoR, ETNZ or ACE to make. Not now. Not before. It's the NZ government that decides.

So there should be no questions about honor, respect or sportsmanship. Not now when ACE has asked for an exemption to L3 and not before when LRPP wanted to race in L2.

You lot go in about the whinging LR team, but all this kerfuffle was only caused by the needless name calling from ACE.

Board skiff

Super Anarchist
I’m sure nobody wants to jeopardise the health of the public or the teams and therefore I’m not convinced seeking an exemption for racing in L3 is wise, but racing should absolutely go ahead at L2.  If it wasn’t safe the govt guidelines wouldn’t permit sport in L2, which they explicitly do.  The solution to postponing racing is to place the city into a high lockdown level rather than change the definition of a lockdown level.

In England we had/have the ludicrous situation where we had three risk levels - 1. medium, 2. high and 3. very high.  This was dumb for a number of reasons.  Firstly there is (still!) no low risk level so it becomes impossible, even in theory, to ever to return to normality. Secondly the Very High risk level imposed restrictions that were a long way short of a full lockdown (pubs closed but schools open etc), so it was obvious and inevitable that a Level 4 would be needed and then something even harder that the govt never dared label as Level 5 but clearly is. This demoralised people who initially thought L3 would be as bad as it got, only to have L4 and then L5 invented and imposed as things worsened over Christmas. 

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
You mean much like it would be hypocritical for ETNZ, ACE and all the Prada abusers to now think racing at L2 would be acceptable.

As for sucking it up, I can, but you have all of Ben dick in your mouth so sucking anything else is unlikely for you.
I was referring to all the people that you say are being hypocritical for supporting New Zealand’s position last time it’s the way of the world it’s how fans are. That’s what I was saying you had to suck up, people have opinions and we all have to accept them. You don’t have to admire with it but you can’t silence them. 
as for the personal insult?  not really any need for it and if you’re going to do it try bit bloody harder. 

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
Nah, those with balls actually say something rather than word things in a way that they can later make a soft cock denial about making a claim.
Oh fuck off, this place is built on supposition, guess work and rumour. You know as much as I do, fuck all. So don’t take the moral high ground that Everything you are writing is the Gospel truth

I think  a boat has this, I think this sailor is better than this person, I think that team has more money, I think this is unfair, I think the boat has done 62 kn, I think this boat sucks up wind, I think that boat has herbie, 

it’s been  like it forever. 

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
Oh fuck off, this place is built on supposition, guess work and rumour. You know as much as I do, fuck all. So don’t take the moral high ground that Everything you are writing is the Gospel truth

I think  a boat has this, I think this sailor is better than this person, I think that team has more money, I think this is unfair, I think the boat has done 62 kn, I think this boat sucks up wind, I think that boat has herbie, 

it’s been  like it forever. 
Nice strawman argument.

If the umpires can use the technology to tell by the smallest margin whether the boats are going to hit each other, and they are making calls on that basis. Then I fear we might see an almighty crash. 
I thought that too at first, but on reflection i think the precise implementation of 16 and other rules encourages more separation of the boats.

In that port starboard for example, if JS wants to put a penalty on the other boat, then he'd need to luff earlier and stop luffing the moment the other boat goes head to wind.  If he'd done that he may if got the penalty awarded... or with the luff signaled earlier Ineos could have aborted their tack... and been OCS or missed the pin.

So lesson is that late luffs will not work and i think that increases separation and options for the boats.

Simple really, go ahead under the plans in place, TV and media can still commentate simply because there are not a 100 journalists here and they watch live TV/digital feed anyway. ACE seems to forget that the rest of NZ simply goes about their business and most could not give a fuck. Back to the wankers in AKL who think it is their god given right to see it which in itself complies with level 3. Yet another PM disaster HOPING that people in Sth AKL comply by rules. I know a senior detective there and would love to see a lockdown of Sth AKL. Would uncover a lot of the shit that happens in this country 

I'm ignoring all the fighting, infighting, disputations, and other drama that always accompanies the AC, there's just one thing I want to see: a pass.
There were passes in the last 2 races. Both had LRPP behind after the start and in both cases she passes Ineos... Ok once with a penalty assist.  But the last race was a genuine pass... Not sure why Ineos allowed the split that let it happen.

Simple really, go ahead under the plans in place, TV and media can still commentate simply because there are not a 100 journalists here and they watch live TV/digital feed anyway. ACE seems to forget that the rest of NZ simply goes about their business and most could not give a fuck. Back to the wankers in AKL who think it is their god given right to see it which in itself complies with level 3. Yet another PM disaster HOPING that people in Sth AKL comply by rules. I know a senior detective there and would love to see a lockdown of Sth AKL. Would uncover a lot of the shit that happens in this country 
And sadly the cunt that created this fuck up has not been charged............YES ONE PERSON LOCKED DOWN AUCKLAND BECAUSE HE IS A BRO FROM STH AKL and rules/law have no meaning

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
First weekend of the America’s Cup Match postponed

https://www.americascup.com/en/news/1140_36TH-AMERICAS-CUP-MATCH-COVID-19-RESTRICTIONS-UPDATE

In light of the latest Auckland COVID-19 Level 3 lockdown put in place by the Government from 6am this morning for the next 7 days, America’s Cup Event Ltd has postponed the first weekend of racing on Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th of March.

The purpose of this early decision is to provide at least some certainty in planning for all event stakeholders with regard to next weekend initially.

America’s Cup Event Ltd Chair, Tina Symmans said, “As ACE has always said that it wishes to hold as much of the racing under Level 1 restrictions as possible. But to be prudent, ACE will apply for an exemption to race under Level 3 restrictions so as to keep as many options open as possible. However, racing will not occur before at least Wednesday 10th March.”
This ticks all the boxes, well done. Mutual consent, due diligence to ask for an L3 exception, postpone until L2 might set in. No whinging, no bitching, no complaining (except for in SAAC of course). 

Latest posts