AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

PhilipNZ

New Zealand
They are locked in a room at the squadron with phones and email off
Exactly as it is, not even Chuck Norris could deliver a message to Commodore Young. I'm sure someone has the start gun loaded with lives in case someone tries to parachute through the Committee Room windows

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
There a rumours about RYS and RNZYS have reached a memorandum of understanding. 
I suspect it goes like this

YOU WILL DO WHATEVER GRANT DALTON TELLS YOU

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Rumours from the have heard gerries is that Sir Grunter and Sir Rat have agreed to a Dog Match.

Knowing that Dalts likes dogs this would not be totally unlikely.

Trouper

Auckland
Not improving:

image.png

SimonN

Super Anarchist
Sydney ex London
I just watched the onboard videos from each boat. I feel sorry for Bruni. You can hear (I think Tuke) on the other boat saying we got lucky here. They had know idea it's gonna work out for them.
I have a rather different interpretation. From the on board conversation, it seems clear to me that ETNZ knew there was power in the right, but they could not go back until LR had made its move. If they had tacked back right earlier and LR had continued, LR would have been in the better position. The only thing ETNZ could have done if LR had held on and headed for the right was to stay on starboard, going the wrong way. So when they say that they got lucky, it was lucky for them that LR tacked and therefore allowed them to go the way they wanted.