AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Rushman

FIIGS
Melbourne, Aust
There are no bulletproof methods of counting the Covid deaths. The excess deaths are probably the best measure. Inevitably there will be a few deaths in there that are not Covid but they will be a small percentage.
Here in Victoria, Australia...I have heard that any death in a nursing home is recorded as COVID.  There are significant $$$$ to claim for “COVID cleaning” from Dictator Dan, so the nursing homes are grabbing as much as they can.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
It's amazing logic. How do the excess deaths relate to alleged scamming of death classification?
You can be sure that there are lots of deaths attributed to anything but Covid that are actually C19 deaths. Especially during the first wave bodies that did not die in a hospital got no postmortem test, so the deaths in care or nursing homes did not find their way into the statistic. This might be better now, at least in countries that are not overwhelmed with cases.

It's amazing logic. How do the excess deaths relate to alleged scamming of death classification?
In a recent statistical study it was revealed that 89% of all statics are bollocks. Yes there are deaths from Covid and yes there will be excess deaths but I'd wager my life the number is nowhere near what we are told. If they were really concerned would they let so many go to work? At best level 3 will slow transmission at worst its an enforced social restriction on your liberty's and freedom. 

Sadly I also know of a few that have been sent to an end of life Hospice and again they may well have had Covid but if you have terminal cancer and are sent to a hospice to die is it right to be classed as a Covid death ? And just to be clear Covid is real and not very nice my family and a lot of friends have had it, but from what I have seen its not the apocalypse  that the media would have you believe. 
I'm just amazed how some cannot distinguish between personal experience and wider reality. It's great that your family didn't suffer badly from the Covid virus, but that doesn't mean that nobody has. Here in Italy, they literally needed to call in the army to truck out the bodies that were stacking up in some towns. In areas where intensive care was overwhelmed, if you were too old, then the ambulance would not take you to hospital and leave you to die.

But in my region it was not like that, only a few cases and 1 or 2 deaths near by... but amazingly i am able to realize that just because I'm ok, it doesn't mean that others are the same..

NZ is doing the right thing. Far better to have a strict lockdown and go for zero cases than to let it get out and risk it going exponential. Sure only a few % would die, but that would be many many people.

shanghaisailor

Super Anarchist
Shanghai, China
You wouldn't be here without what Bondy did, just sayin', doesn't matter how long ago it was.
Ha ha! Never assume, it makes an ass out of you. & me? Well no! I am not a Kiwi. to Give you a clue my fellow countryman was the first truly great America's Cup skipper. He had to become a naturalised American but he definitely wasn't a Kiwi. 

And what the hell has Alan Bond got to do with the current holder of The Cup? And haven't the Kiwis done something you Aussies were unable to do? You know, successfully defend the cup.  ;)  Just winding you up.

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
Ha ha! Never assume, it makes an ass out of you. & me? Well no! I am not a Kiwi. to Give you a clue my fellow countryman was the first truly great America's Cup skipper. He had to become a naturalised American but he definitely wasn't a Kiwi. 

And what the hell has Alan Bond got to do with the current holder of The Cup? And haven't the Kiwis done something you Aussies were unable to do? You know, successfully defend the cup.  ;)  Just winding you up.
Cool story bro.

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Here in Victoria, Australia...I have heard that any death in a nursing home is recorded as COVID.  There are significant $$$$ to claim for “COVID cleaning” from Dictator Dan, so the nursing homes are grabbing as much as they can.
Not to forget that we don't have flue deaths this years, so the number of deaths given by the journos is pure bullshit for gullibles.

That said, there is an excess mortality rate for some countries but negligible at the world level.

image.png

MaxHugen

Super Anarchist
Not to forget that we don't have flue deaths this years, so the number of deaths given by the journos is pure bullshit for gullibles.

That said, there is an excess mortality rate for some countries but negligible at the world level.
The Economist has a lot of detailed data by week and country at https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Worldometers also has been gathering data by country since Covid began, at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Personally I don't think that in excess of 2.5m deaths so far is negligible.

mauriciogfj

Brazil
The reality is we have no idea what numbers are right and what are wrong. What we do know is that in the UK there way of counting a covid death is weird to say the least. I personally know one chap that was decapitated under a lorry wile on his bike. Now he might well have had covid, but I ask you do you think he died of it? I will let you guess what the death certificate says. 

There are no bulletproof methods of counting the Covid deaths. The excess deaths are probably the best measure. Inevitably there will be a few deaths in there that are not Covid but they will be a small percentage.
Here is one synthesys of the total  death count for the UK, for the past 5 years (find it here)
image.png

One may think that lorries went into a killing spree lately. That does not seem to be case though.

A more detailed view and statistically refined view (from here)

charts-z-scores-by-country.png

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
The Economist has a lot of detailed data by week and country at https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Worldometers also has been gathering data by country since Covid began, at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Personally I don't think that in excess of 2.5m deaths so far is negligible.
As said before the 2,5 M figure is not valid as it includes a lot of other causes, it also does not specify that we did not have the flu victims this year. A better indicator is the excess mortality rate, which is real in some countries at some period of time, but minor on a year basis at the world level.