AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Keelboats, foiling multihulls, foiling monohulls, they've just killed it in everything. These 75's are about to get a whole lot faster! These first iterations were very much prototypes, in the next cycle we'll see these beasts get even faster! 

Piet56

Anarchist
Dumbjockistan
6 a.m..... Sailing on the box & loving every frikkin second of it..... should be mullahd by smoko methinks...... What a day - St Patricks day as well..... this is gonna hurt!

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Indeed........

Feeling bummed there's no racing tomorrow......and none for quite some time......
Yeah, would have been nice to see these Boats in 15+ Knots of breeze!

But we have SailGP where pretty much everyone who raced here hoops over to Bermuda. Can Burling/Tuke replicate their AC Success into the F50's? Will be a great fun to watch?

KiwiJoker

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
I must say you Italians put up an amazing fight.  Really worthy opponents!  It is a pity there is no silver medal.  But it is said you will be back!

Congratulations to LunRossa and her fans !!
Max Sirena was very positive in quotes to various interviewers during the victory celebrations that they  would be back. Offhand comment? Hard to believe he would not be so positive without a word first with boss man Patrizio Bertelli.

alphafb552

Super Anarchist
Fryslan boppe!
Max Sirena was very positive in quotes to various interviewers during the victory celebrations that they  would be back. Offhand comment? Hard to believe he would not be so positive without a word first with boss man Patrizio Bertelli.
I'd read that as a good indication that they will keep the Ac75s

Kenny Dumas

Super Anarchist
PDX
With the right so obviously favored at the start, LR should have gone a few boat lengths and tacked. Follow to the boundary, safe leeward and go high mode. 

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
As per AC.com:

"The prize giving will be held on the America’s Cup Village Main Stage (Te Wero Island) at 730pm NZT and will be streamed live on americascup.com

Press Conference will be held about 30 minutes after the end of prize giving."

Any sign of the prizegiving yet?

barfy

Super Anarchist
Still fucking waiting. I hear there was drinking from the cup, etc. But nothing on AC.com. I'm beginning to get peeved

Barnyb

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
As per AC.com:

"The prize giving will be held on the America’s Cup Village Main Stage (Te Wero Island) at 730pm NZT and will be streamed live on americascup.com

Press Conference will be held about 30 minutes after the end of prize giving."

Any sign of the prizegiving yet?
Done. I was there

KiwiJoker

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
That's a dream I cling to... an Aussie team next time around. ;)
Max. That's a dream, I and others cling to too.

Trouble is, we have been clinging on so bloody long our fingers are in danger of atrophying.

Wottonthehell happened to the Lucky Country which with Bondy's persistence pried the Cup loose from its NYYC oblivion?

barfy

Super Anarchist
Still fucking waiting. I hear there was drinking from the cup, etc. But nothing on AC.com. I'm beginning to get peeved
I hear the prize giving went down on tv, but I can't find it..any one with Linky?

Latest posts