AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

strider470

Super Anarchist
In a live chat in italian (see italian luna rossa thread) two hours ago Checco  Bruni said that the measurement day scheduling didn't change with the race postponement. But he also said that discussion on the matter was under way in that very moment and that for them it's the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

pluscount

Idaho
Very flawed statistical study...

If not lockdown what do you think reversed the two lift offs around May and this month in the UK charts? Switching the 5g signal off?
Want to talk flawed?  Your response is flawed.  What part of WINTER (like the last couple of months) lockdowns did you not understand?  I have no data for May and no data for the UK nor did I claim to.  Perchance you should read my post again.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
In a live chat in italian (see italian luna rossa thread) two hours ago Checco  Bruni said that the measurement day scheduling didn't change with the race postponement. But he also said that discussion on the matter was under way in that very moment and that for them it's the same.
So..  He said they want to keep the freeze-date as-is?? 

1eyedkiwi

New Zealand
With all this talk that maybe LR can point higher but TR is faster... can anyone remember a Match where a boat pointed higher but lost the Match?  My memory is that the boat that points higher always wins (2003 may be an exception as the NZ boat disintegrated) - but maybe I'm wrong?

It doesn't mean that a faster boat can't beat a higher pointing boat but still...

strider470

Super Anarchist
Yes I am confused as well by this " and that for them it's the same. " @strider470

So..  He said they want to keep the freeze-date as-is?? 
Sorry, I was not very clear.

The question was if together with the postponement of the first race, the yacht declaration was postponed as well.

Bruni answered: At this very moment measurement is still scheduled today, at 4.00 pm, and nothing changed. Lawyers are at work right now to see if it will be postponed. This eventuality doesn't affect our team, in case we are ready. But I don't think a 4 days postponement of the measurement day would affect us or Team New Zealand.

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
With all this talk that maybe LR can point higher but TR is faster... can anyone remember a Match where a boat pointed higher but lost the Match?  My memory is that the boat that points higher always wins (2003 may be an exception as the NZ boat disintegrated) - but maybe I'm wrong?

It doesn't mean that a faster boat can't beat a higher pointing boat but still...
Whilst yes I agree, I think being a new class of boat we will have to wait and see. Could well be that there are big gains going low and fast in these things.

The Advocate

Super Anarchist

The question was if together with the postponement of the first race, the yacht declaration was postponed as well.

Bruni answered: At this very moment measurement is still scheduled today, at 4.00 pm, and nothing changed. Lawyers are at work right now to see if it will be postponed. This eventuality doesn't affect our team, in case we are ready. But I don't think a 4 days postponement of the measurement day would affect us or Team New Zealand.
Grazie mille!

mauriciogfj

Brazil

Perhaps, at this stage, the declaration timing is no longer relevant.
Both teams have worked very hard within the schedule established a long time ago. It is unlikely there is any major hardware change (given how strict the  rules are) they have not tried or tested. It seems also that the improvement we saw in LRPP in the Prada Cup Final was more a consequence of fine-tuning boat handling and crew interactions than changes in the boat.
Thanks @strider470.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. 

My guess is that both teams will want to postpone the measure date, guess we’ll see. 

Latest posts