AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

porthos

Super Anarchist
Michigan, USA
I read this as saying between 15 and 21st March Racing will continue every day until a winner. Because they put a start and end date with the statement racing finishes on the 21st
The RRS confirm that there is no end date to the Match (A2.3(b)). 3/21 is just the last reserve day.

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Match conditions:

"Monday 15 March to If the Match is not completed prior to 15 March then racing will
Sunday 21 March (incl) continue every day until completion."

"These Match Conditions may only be amended with the agreement of COR and RNZYS."

Last edited by a moderator:

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
NOR:

"Monday 15 March to If the Match is not completed prior to 15 March then racing will
Sunday 21 March (incl) continue every day until completion."

"These Match Conditions may only be amended with the agreement of COR and RNZYS."
That’s an alternative interpretation, this section is unclear I will admit. By putting a start date and a end date for the text it leaves it open for either interpretation. 

porthos

Super Anarchist
Michigan, USA
I see what your talking about....but this section is referring to just knockout stages not the cup
I know. It's really shitty drafting. They should never have put a provision relating to the Match in a section dealing with knockout stages. I suspect they wanted to avoid any doubt that the knockout provisions somehow affected the Match (and they do not). Nonetheless, the plain meaning of "There is no final scheduled day in the Match" is exactly what it says, regardless of where it is. 

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
That’s an alternative interpretation, this section is unclear I will admit. By putting a start date and a end date for the text it leaves it open for either interpretation. 
Agreed, it says "until completion" but we don't know if the last day is march 21st or not.

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
I know. It's really shitty drafting. They should never have put a provision relating to the Match in a section dealing with knockout stages. Nonetheless, the plain meaning of "There is no final scheduled day in the Match" is exactly what it says.
I’ll agree the documents leave enough holes to let a lawyer drive a truck to drive through 

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
I know. It's really shitty drafting. They should never have put a provision relating to the Match in a section dealing with knockout stages. Nonetheless, the plain meaning of "There is no final scheduled day in the Match" is exactly what it says.
Yes.

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
Agreed, it says "until completion" but we don't know if the last day is march 21st or not.
It’s a difficult situation at the moment. We all want to see an America’s Cup race done a fair and proper manner. However most Kiwis do not want to race under level 3. The reason why we have had few death and haven’t had  massive economic damage is due to high compliance by the population. We have reaped the benefits of working with Government and cooperating with what is requested. There are a few idiots who don’t but they are in the minority. 
Even if we lose the cup is worth the cost by keeping our population safe. I know it’s frustrating to overseas fans but dealing with the Virus is more important than any sporting event. 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
It’s a difficult situation at the moment. We all want to see an America’s Cup race done a fair and proper manner. However most Kiwis do not want to race under level 3. The reason why we have had few death and haven’t had  massive economic damage is due to high compliance by the population. We have reaped the benefits of working with Government and cooperating with what is requested. There are a few idiots who don’t but they are in the minority. 
Even if we lose the cup is worth the cost by keeping our population safe. I know it’s frustrating to overseas fans but dealing with the Virus is more important than any sporting event.
We don't have the same point of view regarding the way to deal with the virus, but we have a common objective of seeing the AC, I think we will see it, in the last case CoR and D will agree to race at an another time. None want to botch the process IMO.

Ncik

Super Anarchist
Umm, sorry but you cannot take a single post out of context.

You need to go back further to understand the full gist.

My argument is AGAINST the lockdowns period.

My point was that the US & UK instigated lockdowns and still ended up fucked.
Oh, no, you're mistaken. I understood your position. My argument is that the US and UK "lock-downs" were useless examples of such. Hence the current debacle of fucking both the economy and health. The US is STILL allowing returning travellers to quarantine at home voluntarily.

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
We don't have the same point of view regarding the way to deal with the virus, but we have a common objective of seeing the AC, I think we will see it, in the last case CoR and D will agree to race at an another time. None want to botch the process IMO.
Im sure some sensible agreement should be breached. The big problem for LR is that as time drags on things start getting windy around the harbour. All bullshit aside I don’t think the Italians will be competitive over 16 knots.

The problem is that we have proportional voting which means that small parties always seem part of the government. The Greens are in coalition with the main party called labour. The greens have only a few members of parliament but never in NZ history has such a groups of scummy communists had some influence of power. As avowed anti capitalists they hate the AC and they will do all they can to stop a rich mans sport happening.  Out of petty hate and jealousy they will try and keep racing not happening. 

maybe we should all come back next Christmas if COVID is over. Every one just puts their boats in shrink wrap and left untouched until November.  Every one is allowed a new foil set and one new boom. LR automatically goes into the Prada Cup final. The yanks and brits fight over the last place in the prada cup final.  Seems totally fair unless your an Italian 

Horn Rock

Super Anarchist
Byron Bay
maybe we should all come back next Christmas if COVID is over.
Yeah that's not going to happen. ETNZ barely have the payroll money for more than a week or so delay. Just think of the staff wage bill per week - they're employing a hundred plus people.....

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Im sure some sensible agreement should be breached. The big problem for LR is that as time drags on things start getting windy around the harbour. All bullshit aside I don’t think the Italians will be competitive over 16 knots.

The problem is that we have proportional voting which means that small parties always seem part of the government. The Greens are in coalition with the main party called labour. The greens have only a few members of parliament but never in NZ history has such a groups of scummy communists had some influence of power. As avowed anti capitalists they hate the AC and they will do all they can to stop a rich mans sport happening.  Out of petty hate and jealousy they will try and keep racing not happening. 

maybe we should all come back next Christmas if COVID is over. Every one just puts their boats in shrink wrap and left untouched until November.  Every one is allowed a new foil set and one new boom. LR automatically goes into the Prada Cup final. The yanks and brits fight over the last place in the prada cup final.  Seems totally fair unless your an Italian 
Yes, the greens are completely disconnected from reality and try to block everything wherever they are, let's hope they are not many enough to derail the AC.

mako23

Super Anarchist
Auckland
Yeah that's not going to happen. ETNZ barely have the payroll money for more than a week or so delay. Just think of the staff wage bill per week - they're employing a hundred plus people.....
I’m sure your correct, money is always the most important factor. 

winchfodder

Super Anarchist
Carolina, USA
LSD are very righteous in their latest editorial, offering to correct the messaging of all the "confused and clunky......scribes", like us Anarchists I guess.

So they declare " If, due to wind or virus, in the unlikely scenario, neither team has reached 7 wins by the end of racing on March 21, then whoever has the most wins takes the America’s Cup. In the event of a tie score, then whoever won the most recent race would take it."

Well, I think we are all agreed that the Match will run until the last man standing or the first to seven wins. 

https://www.livesaildie.com/americas-cup-what-happens-now/
LSD have taken our points on board and have now modified their editorial to align themselves with our view!

"If, due to wind or virus, in the unlikely scenario, neither team has reached 7 wins by the end of racing on March 21, then it keeps going. This is different to the Prada Cup, which had a final scheduled day. There is also no tie-breaker in the America’s Cup Match!"

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
LSD have taken our points on board and have now modified their editorial to align themselves with our view!

"If, due to wind or virus, in the unlikely scenario, neither team has reached 7 wins by the end of racing on March 21, then it keeps going. This is different to the Prada Cup, which had a final scheduled day. There is also no tie-breaker in the America’s Cup Match!"
Lol that's gold. Awesome journalisting...

Latest posts