AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

strider470

Super Anarchist
Difficult call. 

I read that Tina is now trying to get the Government to agree to racing under Level 3. Hypocrisy or what!
onore e dispetto.jpg

Thewas

Difficult call. 

I read that Tina is now trying to get the Government to agree to racing under Level 3. Hypocrisy or what!
Actually she's just doing her job, at last: try to have the event happening. Better later than never, the path toward redemption is steep but doable.  ;)

winchfodder

Super Anarchist
Carolina, USA
Back to normal. I was getting to think that LR was looking like a real challenge for ETNZ.

Appears ETNZ have found their own Herbie, not allowed aboard this time though. 

Sailing against an AI Bot. Surprised they have let the news out so soon. The poor old frackers will be asking Mercedes what on earth they were up to with all that money. 

I love GD's comment. "Probably does not exist in these other organisations." You bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
I can just imagine Pete Burling and the guys coming back to base after a long day on the water to be told ‘the bot beat you!’ Yes, that would be an interesting conversation. 

JonRowe

Super Anarchist
Offshore.
I'd be trying to hook the bot up to the chase boat they train against, using the simulator to "limit it" and thus do two boat testing without two boats :p 

winchfodder

Super Anarchist
Carolina, USA
I'd be trying to hook the bot up to the chase boat they train against, using the simulator to "limit it" and thus do two boat testing without two boats :p 
Would be interesting if they could let the Bot take control of TR rudder and foils whilst they were out practising. 

I wonder what nickname they have given the Bot. Tina maybe?

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
I’m sure they’re doing all kinds of interesting stuff that we won’t hear about until after the Final, if at all. 

Kiwing

Super Anarchist
Bay of Islands
I’m sure they’re doing all kinds of interesting stuff that we won’t hear about until after the Final, if at all. 
Not even then?  We will have to wait for a retirement and a podcast?  Even then there will be secrets not shared.  I really hope Glen does a podcast/ writes a book?

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
East central Illinois
Any information from the practising the past few days whether TR is trying out two helms, ala LR? Seems they should at least experiment with it. It sure looked like a critical ingredient for LR beating INEOS and you would not want to let that advantage slip by you if you have the time to work it out.

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Not even then?  We will have to wait for a retirement and a podcast?  Even then there will be secrets not shared.  I really hope Glen does a podcast/ writes a book?
I suspect you’re right. The intellectual property and human capital assembled by ETNZ must now be very valuable. 

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Any information from the practising the past few days whether TR is trying out two helms, ala LR? Seems they should at least experiment with it. It sure looked like a critical ingredient for LR beating INEOS and you would not want to let that advantage slip by you if you have the time to work it out.
I would think that they’ve thought this through long and hard. And for sure, they will have a plan. But we’re not going to see it beforehand like that ‘no look gybe’ in Bermuda. Maybe the bot has suggested a cunning plan  :lol:

Priscilla

Super Anarchist
BTW, speaking of Tina, what’s she plotting now?
I do hope the Handbags have increased their syndicate base security Tina Tuna has a proven track record of sabotage ie assisting Fagin Fay and Co to get their dibs on a chunk of Telecom 1990 and pictured here dealing to Oracle in Bermuda with the resulting damage shown below.

Large_TNZ1.jpg yysw210805.jpg

Latest posts