AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
3 hours ago, 45Roller said:

New head to head from Sail Chaser 

For sure the Italian boat is often closer to the cam but the kiwi boat may be sandbagging, but LR seems much faster in this vid.

Last edited by a moderator:

winchfodder

Super Anarchist
Carolina, USA
Looking more hopeful of racing next Wednesday. 

"New Zealand’s government has said it is still too early to make a decision on extending Auckland’s lockdown, despite the city recording no new community cases of coronavirus for a second consecutive day."

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
For sure the Italian boat is often closer to the cam but the kiwi boat may be sandbagging, but LR seems much faster in this vid.
Hard to tell relative speeds but clearly LR is fast and the handling looks impressive. And that's what we want for good racing in the finals, 2 well sailed fast boats.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
I see more a Dodo's head:
Dodo.jpg

animeproblem

Super Anarchist
Seattle
I'm still calling the Match for LR!!!! on the basis of this!

If I'm right, you'll all have to accept that I'm a sailing genius. If I'm wrong, the I'll be gutted anyway so whatever :)
Hope springs eternal, & my mini fridge is well stocked with Italian style pilsner, as I previously stated LR won every race when I had my hand wrapped around a can!

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
^^ BTW, now that they can't change their boat I don't know the advantage of sandbagging, except for the settings.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
There was a video a few weeks back before the Prada Cup final where Ineos and LR were coming back in to base side by side seemingly drag racing, and INEOS appeared to smoke LR. Then the racing happened.