AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

LCS Carbon

Flags
Home
Only courses A and E are in use for Wednesday and Friday racing.

A review of Covid 19 level 2 restrictions will take place on Friday afternoon.
I'm guessing this is close to course A from NZ Met Service (Any Aucklanders care to comment on the locations??

WED

image.png

THU

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
Really?  :D

(OT) Anyway since the Lord of the Rings presentation I am dreaming about a one month trip to NZ. Hopefully with my ebike. Is NZ a safe place to explore with your wife?
Tripping around NZ highways on a bike can at times be perilous.

The roads are a bit crappy and narrow. My eldest brother got hit off his bike in the 90s doing 80 km/hr+.

He was actually super fortunate, because the major damage (other than fractured pelvis) was a minor stroke which took about 7 years to get to the point where he didn't feel really tired a lot of the time.

But other than that, we are really quite safe.

strider470

Super Anarchist
Tripping around NZ highways on a bike can at times be perilous.

The roads are a bit crappy and narrow. My eldest brother got hit off his bike in the 90s doing 80 km/hr+.

He was actually super fortunate, because the major damage (other than fractured pelvis) was a minor stroke which took about 7 years to get to the point where he didn't feel really tired a lot of the time.

But other than that, we are really quite safe.
@Dolphin65
NZ isl not going to be the safest destination for Italian tourists in the near future. I heard Kiwis can be very vindictive :D

Last edited by a moderator:

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
@Dolphin65
NZ isl not going to be the safest destination for Italian tourists in the near future. I heard Kiwis can be very vindictive :D
LOL! On a more serious note, I think most tourists find us reasonably friendly.

I have, on numerous occasions, taken the time to give directions, sightseeing advice etc to foreign tourists.

The majority of them comment on how friendly us locals are (especially to sheep ;) )

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
Never seen again. I recall a group of American tourists, on a Company travel, that were declared lost som years ago. I remember they were database developers.
I didn't say GREAT directions! LOL!

Actually we see a LOT of tourists in my suburb in summer time.

My house is about 300m from the local wildlife sanctuary.

LCS Carbon

Flags
Home

I have, on numerous occasions, taken the time to give directions, sightseeing advice etc to foreign tourists.

The majority of them comment on how friendly us locals are (especially to sheep ;) )
So true, one or two muppets on a sailing forum expressing their YOBO NIMBY attitude about Italians does not represent what NZ is about. Apart from in France, Italians would have to be the most loved people (and culture) in the world. The French just have no idea :)

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
So true, one or two muppets on a sailing forum expressing their YOBO NIMBY attitude about Italians does not represent what NZ is about. Apart from in France, Italians would have to be the most loved people (and culture) in the world. The French just have no idea :)
I enjoy yakking to most of the tourists regardless of where they're from.

I always keep an eye out for disoriented peeps with maps in the CBD and just make sure they know where the fuck they are going.

It is always a bit amusing watching them react to a "light Wellington breeze" though.

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland

I can vouch as a tourist both for the warmth of the people and the beauty of the place. We can give you a good run for the money on both but your Merino sheep are unbeatable. I spent a week in your highlands on a farm ..... incredible. 

Didieffe

Italy
Absolutely true; based on my poor experience.
In NZ for 2,5 weeks (works 5 days a week and holiday the remaining 2 days).
People very very very nice, open and friendly and yes... I'm from ITA

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
I can vouch as a tourist both for the warmth of the people and the beauty of the place. We can give you a good run for the money on both but your Merino sheep are unbeatable. I spent a week in your highlands on a farm ..... incredible. 
If I'm honest,  find Marino a bit hard to get to know. They always seem a bit aloof (alhoof, is it?). The Corriedale and Romney half-breads on the other hand are not too fussy and are usually up for it. It's all a question of compatibility, I guess. ;-)