AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Outerridge showed professionalism and respect in the way he framed his questions, not trying to put either Pete or Max in an awkward position with gotcha' questions.
Absolutely and he had to ask the questions..... he was on the spot. The fact that he’s been there and knows what it’s like adds to his professionalism. 

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
I thought Bertelli’s participation was interesting. He certainly came across well and was very gracious. I’m still amazed that he’s not in Auckland. 

strider470

Super Anarchist
I would love to see the screens they use in the boats to tell them were the boundaries are and the options for rounding the marks. At these speeds, they don’t have a lot of time to make decisions. 
Here you are.

67ee87ae79971ebdd7a68230fb09dfbd.jpg

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
Finally got chance to watch the rest of the presser (was interrupted half way) and I have to say Max was awesome.

Pete was normal Pete, not the most exciting speaker.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I just wish somebody at the press conference would just ask which boat is the fastest! Perhaps with a followup on how they feel?
:D  

Not bad for a presser, nice to have Bertelli’s comments too. 

Last edited by a moderator:

LCS Carbon

Flags
Home
Finally got chance to watch the rest of the presser (was interrupted half way) and I have to say Max was awesome.

I kinda think Glenn would be a better choice for this, but maybe ETNZ are happy with Pete cause he don't say much :)

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
I kinda think Glenn would be a better choice for this, but maybe ETNZ are happy with Pete cause he don't say much :)
Yeah, Pete is probably perfect cos he can waffle on forever saying absolutely NOTHING!

I think the main reason he is quite boring to listen to is that he has no intonation in his voice.

My best mate is kinda the same.

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland

Max is pure Italian and you get the impression he’s working hard to reign in the emotion. I can only imagine how good his talk was with the entire team this morning. 

Pete learned how to say a lot and yet say nothing in Bermuda. It worked perfectly to keep Jimmy out of his head. 

LCS Carbon

Flags
Home
Outerridge showed professionalism and respect in the way he framed his questions, not trying to put either Pete or Max in an awkward position with gotcha' questions.
One of AUS's other 49er sailors was telling me recently that Pete and Blair came to Aus and trained a bit with Nathan on Lake Mac,  in the early days, so they have a long history together, including that incredibly funny line in the best mans speech at Nathans wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Yeah, Pete is probably perfect cos he can waffle on forever saying absolutely NOTHING!

I think the main reason he is quite boring to listen to is that he has no intonation in his voice.

My best mate is kinda the same.
It’s common in super smart people, lack of intonation and a tendency to sound robotic.