AC36 - The Venue

Woolfy

Anarchist
Waiheke Island
Thanks for the good info. I'm an idiot and decided to ignore all of it. Got a place on Waihiki with a mooring so can hopefully just keep the boat in front of the place we are staying at and leave the trailer at a friends place in the city.
If you mean Waiheke rather than Waihiki then make sure you bring enough fuel from the mainland. It's bloody expensive here.

Rudder_NZ

If you mean Waiheke rather than Waihiki then make sure you bring enough fuel from the mainland. It's bloody expensive here.
How much a litre? We are bringing 90L of jerry cans + a full tank. Although we will burn through that pretty quickly.

Woolfy

Anarchist
Waiheke Island
$265.9 a litre for 92 ron at my local gassy. Three outlets on the island, all about the same price. Might be cheaper to refuel at half moon bay marina, you'd have to check with them direct.

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
$265.9 a litre for 92 ron at my local gassy. Three outlets on the island, all about the same price. Might be cheaper to refuel at half moon bay marina, you'd have to check with them direct.
I think you might have misplaced that decimal point  :blink:

Rudder_NZ

Nah, Goff's AKLD fuel tax...
Petrol is still much cheaper in Auckland than Wellington. I have taken to using the Z shartank app to buy fuel in Napier (about $1.7) and collect it in Wellington where its over $2.10. Big savings using that app

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Petrol is still much cheaper in Auckland than Wellington. I have taken to using the Z shartank app to buy fuel in Napier (about $1.7) and collect it in Wellington where its over $2.10. Big savings using that app
Curiosity has the better of me, why so big a difference in price?

Rudder_NZ

Curiosity has the better of me, why so big a difference in price?
More competition in Auckland and the way the fuel tax is collected isn't actually regional. Although it seems like in the last few months the petrol companies have started minimising the price difference between regions. Looking today there seems to be only a 15c different between my local petrol station in Wellington and one in Napier that is normally the cheapest. 

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
More competition in Auckland and the way the fuel tax is collected isn't actually regional. Although it seems like in the last few months the petrol companies have started minimising the price difference between regions. Looking today there seems to be only a 15c different between my local petrol station in Wellington and one in Napier that is normally the cheapest. 
Thats another reason :D

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
40 cents sounded bizarre, 5 or 6 would be what we would see here.

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
I never, ever buy fuel in, Auckland. Always gas up in Mangawhai, less than a kilometre beyond the Auckland border.

Gasoline Ally offers discounted fuel and there ain't no Auckland fuel taxes levied in, Northland.