AC40

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
So are these AC40's being built by McConaghy in China?
Yes. That is why the new nick for them on SAAC is the 'All Chinese' 40's :)

Te Rehutai (was it?) was a pretty awesome boat, these could be even sharper and I am guardedly optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varan

Super Anarchist
ac40.jpg

From Sail-World 

Or the Fly40 Persico are already developing as a standalone and fully managed class? Mainly, I expect, because TNZ get less of a cut from anything built outside of their control. 

https://www.sail-world.com/news/240315/The-Persico-Fly40-experience 
Until I see a real Fly40 flying, I'm going to assume these are a dead duck instead. 

Yes, we have the 69F, but it's not really the same at all.

With the AC40 at least, we have real images and a production schedule. 

NZK

Anarchist
Roaming
Until I see a real Fly40 flying, I'm going to assume these are a dead duck instead. 

Yes, we have the 69F, but it's not really the same at all.

With the AC40 at least, we have real images and a production schedule. 
To be fair I thought I had read a more recent update from Persico about the progress of these things but I can't find anything with any substance since that August article. I'd expect that there are enough European based interests to get these things up and running but guess we'll have to wait and see. 

shebeen

Super Anarchist
Or the Fly40 Persico are already developing as a standalone and fully managed class? Mainly, I expect, because TNZ get less of a cut from anything built outside of their control. 

https://www.sail-world.com/news/240315/The-Persico-Fly40-experience 
I'm not convinced that ETNZ will really make much off these, definitely not enough to make a dent in the funding requirements for the AC. If they get their own ones paid for then that's about it.

it's more to do with keeping control over the event, and subsidising the youth and wormen's events which is probably part of their sponsorship feel good proposal.