AC40

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
Really? There is no proof of an AC40 being a "deathtrap". And if you're saying "boats are dangerous" then YES, they are if used incorrectly, just like planes, trains, cars, buses, walking, running, buildings, people, land, water, the sky, Space, hell, even oxygen is dangerous if used incorrectly. So Newsflash dickhead, saying "I think things are dangerous" isn't a prediction.
As for saying "I have proof but you have to find it" doesn't mean you actually have proof... smh

Heh. Still slow as molasses I see. Count the proofs.

We are about to move into season 4 - ever more successfully - with your AC starboys improving a bit but still getting their flightless asses handed to them by real sailors. Exactly as I predicted.

Don’t worry. I’ll come back when the inevitable happens - yet again. You can count on me.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Heh. Still slow as molasses I see. Count the proofs.

We are about to move into season 4 - ever more successfully - with your AC starboys improving a bit but still getting their flightless asses handed to them by real sailors. Exactly as I predicted.

Don’t worry. I’ll come back when the inevitable happens - yet again. You can count on me.
Yeah season 4 of a meaning less series in dinosaur boats.
SailGP is the past. The AC40 is the future. Adapt or die.
Now piss off back to that echo chamber you came from.

yoyo

Anarchist
It will be interesting to see what is done to the racing rules to try and make the non-AC AC40 side show safer to bodies and boats. Boat carnage would generate social media clicks. Human injury would be horrible but will also get clicks. The last AC utilized the invisible boat in a bubble safety zone, ridiculously short start sequence and banned some traditional match racing tools.

SailGP is the past ... Such a meaningless failure with 14 event locations next season, 9 teams from different countries, frequent press releases and videos. What are these sponsors and cities thinking keeping these dinosaurs alive?

Liquid

NFLTG
Over there
What makes you an entitled prick is complaining about something because you got your own expectations up.

Whats so important about a crash? You have all of this sailing footage, brought on an almost daily basis, yet you'd rather see a crash? Then complain when you don't?

Its a nose dive. Its not the first and won't be the last.

Enjoy what they are providing instead of moaning about what they aren't.
You and the point don't meet often, do yuz?

I'll try again to make it simple: A joint 'recon' team has a single mission of recon and they failed at doing RECON - because of a fucking SD card swap! Clearly a teaching moment, one can only hope...

Here's an idea: Team New Catalonia should make a new rule that teams can only sail as long as it takes to fill up a SD card!

I'm off to go play with my entitled prick.

7 of 9 teams have won a race going into the finals today and The 52 SuperSeries has a pretty good single source recon team:

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
You and the point don't meet often, do yuz?

I'll try again to make it simple: A joint 'recon' team has a single mission of recon and they failed at doing RECON - because of a fucking SD card swap! Clearly a teaching moment, one can only hope...

Here's an idea: Team New Catalonia should make a new rule that teams can only sail as long as it takes to fill up a SD card!

I'm off to go play with my entitled prick.

7 of 9 teams have won a race going into the finals today and The 52 SuperSeries has a pretty good single source recon team:

But they missed the crash though, what about the crash!?

You think a highlights video is recon?

Well then the AC does it a lot better than the 52 Super Series

Last edited:

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
TP52's aren't big enough or exciting enough for the AC. Secondly, no one wants to see grey haired, rich 60 year old men sailing slow boats. Especially if you can have a much more exciting product.

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
The AC75 Class is too expensive. That is becoming clearer by the Day.

As far as the AC40 is concerned @Chobani Sailor is right. Safety not a priority. I am not sure people under the age of 25 should be sailing these boats. They are a handful even for people like Burling, Tuke, Outteridge, Ashby or Davies.
Interesting… Glen is sat in a wet desert with his blokart… how’s his ac40 experience? Or you are just making it up

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
The same people who moan on and on about costs and the event being expensive are the same who also moan about restricting the class rule and restricting the freedom of teams to explore any and all avenues.
You can't have both. You can't have freedom of design, and less restriction while at the same time reducing costs. The two don't work together.
Just as well team kiwi didnt restrict team size, or didnt restrict class rule incase there were going to be any potential savings..

The only recent reduction in cost is them being told to fuck off with a number of hydrogen boats the teams need to buy

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Just as well team kiwi didnt restrict team size, or didnt restrict class rule incase there were going to be any potential savings..

The only recent reduction in cost is them being told to fuck off with a number of hydrogen boats the teams need to buy
Whether they buy them off Team NZ or someone else, they still need to buy one.

Varan

Super Anarchist
Back on topic, INEOS has a package arriving...
ineos.jpg

Liquid

NFLTG
Over there
TP52's aren't big enough or exciting enough for the AC.
The last AC was a bore fest. Just because they wear helmets and go fast on foils doesn't make it exciting for me.

It's now all about foiling with a little bit of sailing thrown in.

If the AC40 is the F2 to the AC's F1 why have auto height control?