You really haven't sailed much have you.Yeah, I know you said that.
As for your CV above, wow - you sound like a complete disaster on the water. You don’t sail ”high performance boats”. You destroy them.
Exactly what “high performance boats” were these?
- I doubt there is anyone that has sailed a performance dinghy that has not capsized or turned turtle. I sailed those lots in my youth
- Sail blow outs - various on offshore boats.
- I have lost 2 rigs, one due to another boat hitting the shroud point (they were in the wrong). Another just failed. Seen loads more too on other boats for a variety of reasons
- Been hit by lightning at least twice . It happens when you are in open ocean and your mast is the highest point around (or are you saying that was my fault too)
- Systems damage- various. Offshore and ocean boats tend to take on water and stuff suffers from slamming off waves. Have had radios, nav systems etc fail
So (unsurprisingly) nothing as fast as these boats. But that is my point these things happen in a range of boats.
So what exciting sailing have you done that you have never experienced any of those things? Cruising boats? Optimists? Toy boats on the paddling lake?