Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 8.52.53 PM.jpg

top of hull
Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 8.49.05 PM.jpg

bottom of hull
Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 8.53.58 PM.jpg

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
The fastners are interesting. On the foil arm you have 13 on the lower section but only six on the larger upper section
Wonder what the “hatches” are for and why they are mid-section rather than on leading/trailing edge as in AC75s.
The facility definitely has an agricultural feeling. Don’t see an autoclave

atwinda

Anarchist
Wonder what the “hatches” are for and why they are mid-section rather than on leading/trailing edge as in AC75s.
The facility definitely has an agricultural feeling. Don’t see an autoclave
Search for one of McConaghy's fly-through videos of their factories. They are pretty impressive. Very clean.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
They appear to be building 16 arms (8 boats) instead of 20 arms for 10 boats, which would be 2 boats per team. This would suggest 3 teams have ordered 2 boats each and 2 teams have ordered just 1 each. ?

In a recent Ineos-posted interview Giles Scott (think it was that interview) spoke about looking forward to the launch of their test boat 'soon, in Palma.' If they are about to launch such a boat then perhaps they are one of the teams who see the need for only 1 AC40.

They appear to be building 16 arms (8 boats) instead of 20 arms for 10 boats, which would be 2 boats per team. This would suggest 3 teams have ordered 2 boats each and 2 teams have ordered just 1 each. ?

In a recent Ineos-posted interview Giles Scott (think it was that interview) spoke about looking forward to the launch of their test boat 'soon, in Palma.' If they are about to launch such a boat then perhaps they are one of the teams who see the need for only 1 AC40.
I believe it is the following

Hull 1 - TNZ
Hull 2 - Ineos
Hull 3 - TNZ
Hull 4 - Alinghi
Hull 5 - Alinghi
Hull 6 - LR
Hull 7 - American Magic
Hull 8 - American Magic
Hull 9 - I have heard this is for a Spanish Youth and Women's team. If there is a 10th Hull, then the Spanish are getting two - one for the youth and one for the women's team.

If TNZ already has their AC40, then 16 arms could be for the remaining 8 AC40s being built.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW

Hull 1 - TNZ
Hull 2 - Ineos
Hull 3 - TNZ
Hull 4 - Alinghi
Hull 5 - Alinghi
Hull 6 - LR
Hull 7 - American Magic
Hull 8 - American Magic
Hull 9 - I have heard this is for a Spanish Youth and Women's team. If there is a 10th Hull, then the Spanish are getting two - one for the youth and one for the women's team.

If TNZ already has their AC40, then 16 arms could be for the remaining 8 AC40s being built.
Bingo, thanks. Makes good sense.

If this holds then maybe we can expect both Ineos and LR to launch custom test boats soon, foregoing the AC40 as their first development boats. I guess that doesn't preclude others from doing the same but for these two teams the signs would point to it already.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Funny, got an overnight message from a property manager in Barcelona asking me what time I am arriving. I thought 'Omigod, did I book his place for 2022 by mistake instead of 2024?? Better buy a ticket right now :) And with my travel buddy leaving on a cruise to Alaska this weekend, o shit.

Turns out I had it right on VRBO, he was mistaken, thank goodness.
edit: sent him a link to the recent Base-allocations news at AC.com and he replied 'Wow, thanks for the link, looks great.'

Bingo, thanks. Makes good sense.

If this holds then maybe we can expect both Ineos and LR to launch custom test boats soon, foregoing the AC40 as their first development boats. I guess that doesn't preclude others from doing the same but for these two teams the signs would point to it already.
We know that Alinghi is "on the water" now with the AC75, TNZ is supposed to be sailing their AC40 in September. Ineos is supposedly sailing late september or early October(@dg_sailingfan gave us an update a while ago). American's have said that they are sailing Patriot later this fall. Luna Rosa is supposedly hoping their LEQ is ready to go by October 1.

Alinghi's window of opportunity with additional sailing days is closing really fast.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Alinghi's window of opportunity with additional sailing days is closing really fast.
True but it looks to me like they are doing massive upgrades to BZero. They may leapfrog even Patriot.

Tantalizing about a potential LR launch. Am so looking forward to seeing boats!

Sea Breeze 74

Anarchist
NZL

Hull 1 - TNZ
Hull 2 - Ineos
Hull 3 - TNZ
Hull 4 - Alinghi
Hull 5 - Alinghi
Hull 6 - LR
Hull 7 - American Magic
Hull 8 - American Magic
Thanks @Chobani Sailor your intel is usually very good. Curious to know how you know this delivery order. I took away from an interview somewhere (I'm annoyed I can't remember where or I'd post it) that they would ensure everyone got an AC40 in order of entry before the second boats were dished out. i.e. TNZ, Ineos, Alinghi, LR, AM then a second one in the same order if you wanted two.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Thanks @Chobani Sailor your intel is usually very good. Curious to know how you know this delivery order. I took away from an interview somewhere (I'm annoyed I can't remember where or I'd post it) that they would ensure everyone got an AC40 in order of entry before the second boats were dished out. i.e. TNZ, Ineos, Alinghi, LR, AM then a second one in the same order if you wanted two.
Alinghi getting two in a row surprises me, given how (at least the first deliveries) were like the Base allocations presumably given priority in AC37 entry order.

I do not want to know Chobani’s identity or his sources. He has been extremely accurate for months already and we here benefit greatly by that insider info.

LR and AM getting their AC40s so late in the game does raise questions about if they care about them at all.

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
And why do TNZ get both hulls 1 and 3? Hopefully it is not some inside-job and that nobody else was in a rush for them.
Pretty sure we'll have heard about any "inside Job" and nobody else being able to get one, before now. So scratch that one off your potential conspiracy list, Stinger.

Latest posts