Adams 10 vs Etchell

LB 15

Cunt
In all seriousness, (and having owned and raced an A10 for many years) it would depend on what you are wanting it for. I guess it is as a club racer. My A10 was the cabin version and had a lifting keel (well certreboard anyway - it had no weight in it) Went up wind well but went like a cut cat on a reach and despite my barb had a pretty good interior for weekend and short cruises. We did our local 300 mile offshore race a few times. A10's are great boats but they all be getting pretty long in the tooth now.

harrygee

Tasmania
As Jethrow pointed out, infinite headroom in an Etchells, if that's important to you.

Very different boats, as others have pointed out.

If you want to go offshore, the Adams is less uncomfortable and not quite an open boat.  Lots of holes in the deck to keep the interior well hosed down.

I spent a miserable month on one but wouldn't think of doing the same with an Etchells.

LB 15

Cunt
Standing headroom in an Adams? Don't think so - unless you are the same size Joe was!

Definitely faster than an Etchells
Mine with the lid had about enough for a tall dwarf. When I first started the school we would do 5 day live-a-board courses with 4 students and the Instructor. But will the young'uns believe you today?

Nooooooooo Nooooooooooooooooooooo

IIRC Matt Allen did up one as an IRC burglar for the Asian regattas a few years back.  

Great boats. Around here A10's were called 'Snake boxes'. 

huwp

Melbourne
Mine with the lid had about enough for a tall dwarf. When I first started the school we would do 5 day live-a-board courses with 4 students and the Instructor. But will the young'uns believe you today?

Nooooooooo Nooooooooooooooooooooo

IIRC Matt Allen did up one as an IRC burglar for the Asian regattas a few years back.  

Great boats. Around here A10's were called 'Snake boxes'. 
Rob date did one in melb also.

psyclone

Anarchist
In all seriousness, (and having owned and raced an A10 for many years) it would depend on what you are wanting it for. I guess it is as a club racer. My A10 was the cabin version and had a lifting keel (well certreboard anyway - it had no weight in it) Went up wind well but went like a cut cat on a reach and despite my barb had a pretty good interior for weekend and short cruises. We did our local 300 mile offshore race a few times. A10's are great boats but they all be getting pretty long in the tooth now.
Which one did you have... Crackerjack 2 by any chance?

LB 15

Cunt
Which one did you have... Crackerjack 2 by any chance?
Mine was called longitude but I renamed it ‘The Usual suspects’. Crackerjack, Showtime and Ella were all other A10’s with lids that we had up here. We also had the halfies Beach Inspector, Mad mans Woodward and Scampi A. Great fleet of 30 footers back then.

Bill E Goat

Super Anarchist
Sydney
Teresa Michell and David Pryce did the 1999 Melbourne Osaka in an Adams 10 'Montane'  Which is funny as they are both over 6ft tall