aeroSHIT

gui

Anarchist
Couisn's thread of the aeroTURD.

I thought I'd satisfy my egocentric self by posting a few pics of my new ride. It did fly, I swear, I don't have any proof but you guys need to trust me on that one!

Done on a shoe string budget [$5K ;p ] nomex/carbon, painted hull came out at 8.5kg. Could have done better. Got the rig from "some guy", foils were a mix of JZ/Beaver's tools. The main foil mold was designed by my brother and cut at

Phil'sfoils (http://www.philsfoils.com/) for a modest fee (thanks!)...

I've been squating at Karl's blog over the winter, but thought I'd make a blog out of a thread, so to speak.

It's got a shit load of stupid idea that I'm real' proud of ... Going to the patent office next week.

Karl named it the Guillotine possibly because of the cut out transom, Bill wasn't too impressed.

Hull was designed by my brother/slave. It floats, which isn't always a trivial matter with moths.

Will take more in the next few days.

april_guitine_002_s1.JPG

FishAintBiting

Anarchist
Couisn's thread of the aeroTURD. I thought I'd satisfy ...

It floats, which isn't always a trivial matter with moths.
You expect us to believe it floats. You know the score ... pictures or it never happened :rolleyes:

Well done, awesome effort

Fish

Munter

Sydney
Cool boat. Would you be happy to share some of the "interesting" ideas you've got in mind (just a subset of the poorer ones perhaps?)?

PS - Aeroshit - weren't they a band?

Last edited by a moderator:

foilr

Couisn's thread of the aeroTURD. I thought I'd satisfy my egocentric self by posting a few pics of my new ride. It did fly, I swear, I don't have any proof but you guys need to trust me on that one!

Done on a shoe string budget [$5K ;p ] nomex/carbon, painted hull came out at 8.5kg. Could have done better. Got the rig from "some guy", foils were a mix of JZ/Beaver's tools. The main foil mold was designed by my brother and cut at

I've been squating at Karl's blog over the winter, but thought I'd make a blog out of a thread, so to speak.

It's got a shit load of stupid idea that I'm real' proud of ... Going to the patent office next week.

Karl named it the Guillotine possibly because of the cut out transom, Bill wasn't too impressed.

Hull was designed by my brother/slave. It floats, which isn't always a trivial matter with moths.

gui, what's your thinking with the positioning of the pushrod attachment to the wand swivel? Seems to be very late to reach max rate of change if at all?

gui

Anarchist
Couisn's thread of the aeroTURD. I thought I'd satisfy my egocentric self by posting a few pics of my new ride. It did fly, I swear, I don't have any proof but you guys need to trust me on that one!

gui, what's your thinking with the positioning of the pushrod attachment to the wand swivel? Seems to be very late to reach max rate of change if at all?
yes, possibly poor idea #1. The flap barely moves until the wand is ~45 degrees. I get most of the movements between that and watever the max angle is. That was my last setup on my other boat, a bit jurky, but it felt pretty safe downhill.

Icedtea

Super Anarchist

Respect mate,

At least your not hyping yourself up as the be all and end all of foilers like someone........not to name anyone but their name rhymes with DOUG LORD....oh damnit....

But sweet ride, hope to see more pics!

ferrero

I'd like to formally announce that this boat will transform the sport of sailing. In six months every starving child in Africa will have one and all wars will end. Congratulations

gui

Anarchist
Gui,
You've both produced another beautiful Moth and proven Morphic Resonance ( looks alot like an Assassin to my eye...).

PK
You're not going to see any close up pics. The no deck thingy isn't new, and in my case is more a result of my laziness than anything else. The original design had a fore deck, but it was a pita to strip the female mold so I got rid of it.

There isn't anything ground breaking about that boat (besides "the wand that did nothing" and the upside down deck) ... Just that it's reasonably light for a home built.

Latest posts