Albatros

iandubin

Hi there anarchists. I've been following this site for a long time, am an old ocean racer with maybe 50 K miles and a reputation for fixing things that are broke and breaking things that are wrong.

I only started posting recently and when I did I got flamed badly by a jerk who calls himself Albatros. I don't really care but he insulted a friend of mine. I suspect, due to his clearly ignorant and unpleasant nature he has made many enemies in the past.

Now i know the rules don't let us out anyone else publicly. However, I fancy a stroll in rhe moonlight with Mr. Albatros (probably west coast US) so if anyone has his name and 20 please pm me. I'll take pics after I am done with him and share.

Last edited by a moderator:

iandubin

• Banned
This asshole has 2500 posts so someone knows who he is and where he is. He needs to learn some manners.

So unless he is a 13 year old sitting in his Mom's basement in his underwear in Topeka ot Toronto or some other landlocked shithole I won't go to I would like to have a little chat with him about his attitude.

Alcatraz5768

Super Anarchist
Pretty sure old albatross was just asking you, as a new poster, to post a pic of some lovely female breasts as is custom. Another custom is to tell any noob (new poster) to buy an ad (advertisement) if they are pushing product of any sort. Lastly he was saying hello friend, but here that is spelt "fuck off noob".

These are the rules of entry, I didn't start them, nor did albatross, he is just trying to keep traditions alive, which is an important part of any culture. That said HTFU, (yawn, another tradition).

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia
Pretty sure old albatross was just asking you, as a new poster, to post a pic of some lovely female breasts as is custom. Another custom is to tell any noob (new poster) to buy an ad (advertisement) if they are pushing product of any sort. Lastly he was saying hello friend, but here that is spelt "fuck off noob".

These are the rules of entry, I didn't start them, nor did albatross, he is just trying to keep traditions alive, which is an important part of any culture. That said HTFU, (yawn, another tradition).
Wot he said.

Rushman

FIIGS
Melbourne, Aust

Standard greeting for this place

alphafb552

Super Anarchist
Fryslan boppe!

iandubin

Well, goodness gracious me, I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers. I absolutely accept that traditions are important and I have no wish whatsoever not to abide by the established usages and customs of this obviously August forum, despite that there is nothing about this rather unsavoury habit in the top pinned rules.

Where I come from 'fuck off' invites a concussion.

Having said that, fuck you albatros. I'll buy an ad when I get the flyer printout

loren-mansfield2.jpg

Pipe Dream

Anarchist
Aust.
Not sure what the fuss is about. If you really had been following the site for a long time you would have been aware of the standard greeting here.

Perhaps you need to do a bit more following of the forums before getting upset and threatening people again.

Sit back, have a beer and relax and give your blood pressure a break.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Cheers Dubes. I hope you don't mind the familiarity. Well old chap, you have certainly made an impression here. You know it is really bad form to burst in to the community, blustering and bragging and threatening long stand members here. Especially you being an old Canadian resident of Hong Kong of high standing. By the way good on you for keeping the RHKYC royal, tradition must stand after all. Albatros is really a gentle, fine fellow, rarely causes trouble. Honestly Dubes, you are a lawyer, you should know better than to issue threats that, as you well know, could subject you to legal action. Bad form old chap, very bad form. Apparently you have figured out how things work here now and perhaps you will fit right in, lovely place actually and you sound like you might have some interesting sailing tales to regale us with. So, welcome. Cheerio and "on on" old chap, see you at the "down down" sometime perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
I am not sure either. It was after I joined, but not long after.

Even so, asking for actual contact information to assault someone because someone hurt your feelings is not on.

I do like to post boobies :D

two-blue-footed-boobies.jpg

Not sure what the fuss is about. If you really had been following the site for a long time you would have been aware of the standard greeting here.
Never understood why that crap started. I think a bunch of newbies started doing it long after I joined.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Never understood why that crap started. I think a bunch of newbies started doing it long after I joined.
I think it was an outgrowth of the Friday threads.

Juvenile but enjoyable, I can see why some people would be offended.

But why so eager to be offended? Or (as in the "car postition (sic)" thread) people who are eager to be offended by proxy, on behalf of all the poor downtrodden defenseless not-even-noobs-yet who -would- be offended? For example, the other day I went to a funeral of an old family friend at a rural cemetary. As many places in the South, there are lots of Confederate veterans. Many of them have families who choose to place small stars+bars flags on their graves. Offensive or an honor to the fallen? In a part of the country where every small town has a big statue of a Confederate soldier in the central square "To Our Noble Heroes" (or something similar), you could get very exhausted with being offended.

Thanks. I win a lot more than I lose.
Yeah that's a real convincer.

Less bluster and more sailing talk, how about it.

FB- Doug

Latest posts