Alex Jones Just Lost

The sad part of this a lot of stupid Americans will believe this con and send in their money
Republicans are pretty stupid
The truly sad thing is, a country as prosperous and free as America, continues to turn out large numbers of people who believed his bullshit propaganda.

This is way deeper than whatever political party you choose to support.

This is America's k to 12 system results.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
I am serious. I can find no hard evidence of Russian money coming into the NRA, for Trump. I find only accusations, and suppositions. Torshin has FSB connections, but no factual stuff can I pin down. Anyone?

And the google search led to 2018 allegations, and the report of an FBI investigation. Nothing more. The Wiki on Butina presents her as spycraft light, not as an NRA money contact or bag lady. Anyone?
I too looked it up just now. Not what I remembered of the headlines back in the day. Not big money. Mostly a report that the NRA acted as an 'agent' of Russia by getting Butina (et al.) access to American politicians.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
There is the Senate Investigation which produced a report entitled
https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/...xempt Organization Became a Foreign Asset.pdf
The NRA and Russia:
How are tax exempt organization became a foreign asset

Here is NBCs article on how the NRA blocked congressional efforts to monitor and understand dark money as it relates to Russian donors

And here is the death of the investigation into Russian funding of the NRA, as Republicans quashed the effort during Trumps administration.

But you are correct, I cannot find more direct sourcing for this story, which is frustrating to me, since I remember it being repeatedly reported back in 2018.

I guess the story didn’t stand the test of time, not sure why or how that occurred.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
I am serious. I can find no hard evidence of Russian money coming into the NRA, for Trump. I find only accusations, and suppositions. Torshin has FSB connections, but no factual stuff can I pin down. Anyone?

And the google search led to 2018 allegations, and the report of an FBI investigation. Nothing more. The Wiki on Butina presents her as spycraft light, not as an NRA money contact or bag lady. Anyone?

The Wyden report doesn't say something like "the Russians gave $40M to the NRA and told them to spend $30M on Trump'. Instead Newsweek summarized some of it as

The 2015 trip to Moscow was so NRA insiders such as then-vice president Pete Brownell "could get rich" by offering access to the American political system in exchange for lucrative personal business deals.​

This is similar to Trump's Moscow hotel deal. There's a quid there. It's just not a check.

Last edited:

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
There is the Senate Investigation which produced a report entitled
https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/The NRA Russia - How a Tax-Exempt Organization Became a Foreign Asset.pdf
The NRA and Russia:
How are tax exempt organization became a foreign asset

Here is NBCs article on how the NRA blocked congressional efforts to monitor and understand dark money as it relates to Russian donors

And here is the death of the investigation into Russian funding of the NRA, as Republicans quashed the effort during Trumps administration.

But you are correct, I cannot find more direct sourcing for this story, which is frustrating to me, since I remember it being repeatedly reported back in 2018.

I guess the story didn’t stand the test of time, not sure why or how that occurred.
The truth has never come out. The FEC chair even proclaimed the failure, and named the obstructors, in a presser. Wyden did his damned best, too, naming the obstructors again...and with thirty million mysterious dollars here, the bullshitters won.

Dark money, Russia, and the NRA: what a yuge failure in our system. Some investigative reporters could still solve this one.

Last edited:

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
The truth has never come out. The FEC chair even proclaimed the failure, and named the obstructors, in a presser. Wyden did his damned best, too, naming the obstructors again...and with thirty million mysterious dollars here, the bullshitters won.

Dark money, Russia, and the NRA: what a yuge failure in our system. Some investigative reporters could still solve this one.
The system is being re-engineered in plain sight.
Witness gerrymandering, vote prevention and the obstruction of data collection for a transparent democracy ( texts and communications disappearing), we haven’t even begun to fathom a Supreme Court willfully reversing Settled Law.
The NRA thing has been a stomped on and quashed by complicit power players and all roads appear to lead to Russia.
Trumps Helsinki event with Pootie was for many the beginning of a very disturbing period, I do hope we get to understand just how truely terrifying the TFGs tenure was and the damage that endures.
Butina went to jail for her part before being returned to Russia a hero and given a position in the Duma-I for one seriously doubt some middling FSB operative would get rewarded like that if the job wasn’t well done.
Wayne La de da was being investigated by SDNY and the NRA threatening to declare Bankruptcy and move out of state
You hear nothing now, some big money players with an entire political mechanism in their pockets have ensured the shit just disappears.
Any democracy that allows shit like this to happen is no longer a democracy it’s enabling the coming autocracy, good luck with that.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
The system is being re-engineered in plain sight.
Witness gerrymandering, vote prevention and the obstruction of data collection for a transparent democracy ( texts and communications disappearing), we haven’t even begun to fathom a Supreme Court willfully reversing Settled Law.
The NRA thing has been a stomped on and quashed by complicit power players and all roads appear to lead to Russia.
Trumps Helsinki event with Pootie was for many the beginning of a very disturbing period, I do hope we get to understand just how truely terrifying the TFGs tenure was and the damage that endures.
Butina went to jail for her part before being returned to Russia a hero and given a position in the Duma-I for one seriously doubt some middling FSB operative would get rewarded like that if the job wasn’t well done.
Wayne La de da was being investigated by SDNY and the NRA threatening to declare Bankruptcy and move out of state
You hear nothing now, some big money players with an entire political mechanism in their pockets have ensured the shit just disappears.
Any democracy that allows shit like this to happen is no longer a democracy it’s enabling the coming autocracy, good luck with that.

Please allow me to point to the success of a major, and significant, public disinformation campaign. Something that set the standard and the pattern for other RWNJ bulshitting.

Warren Berger, the fraud of the gun lobby.PNG

It was the NRA's new angle on the Second Amendment.
Circa 1974, from Arizona, David Hardy began cranking out "individual rights" ideas for gunz.
The resulting "Standard Model of the Second Amendment" was capably challenged by Tudor Historian Lois Schwoerer by 1983.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
Please allow me to point to the success of a major, and significant, public disinformation campaign. Something that set the standard and the pattern for other RWNJ bulshitting.

View attachment 532916

It was the NRA's new angle on the Second Amendment.
Circa 1974, from Arizona, David Hardy began cranking out "individual rights" ideas for gunz.
The resulting "Standard Model of the Second Amendment" was capably challenged by Tudor Historian Lois Schwoerer by 1983.
Oh it gets better than that the NRA used to be all about Safety and Marksmanship, until they distorted the 2nd to be all about the right to bear arms

Snip/
Today at the NRA’s headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia, oversized letters on the facade no longer refer to “marksmanship” and “safety.” Instead, the Second Amendment is emblazoned on a wall of the building’s lobby. Visitors might not notice that the text is incomplete. It reads:

“.. the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

The first half—the part about the well regulated militia—has been edited out.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I'm thinking Lyme ticks.

Lyme disease is an "intergalactic substance" and a "gift," according to social media influencers​

David Pescovitz 8:32 am Tue Aug 2, 2022

shutterstock_1404869825-scaled.jpg
image: Evgeniyqw/Shutterstock

In the below clip from the July 27 episode of The Balanced Blonde//Soul On Fire podcast, host Jordan Younger's guest is "intuitive astrologer and spiritual healer" Danielle Page who reveals that Lyme disease is an "intergalactic substance and it's literally bringing in codes from the beginning of time." Younger—who has said she has Lyme disease—responds enthusiastically, saying that that the disease "is a gift." Worth noting is that Page has nearly 100,000 Instagram followers while Younger counts more than 30,000 TikTok followers. A significant number of people listen to what these two say.

For science-based information about Lyme disease, please visit the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention pages.
(Thanks, UPSO!)

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
I'm thinking Lyme ticks.

Lyme disease is an "intergalactic substance" and a "gift," according to social media influencers​

David Pescovitz 8:32 am Tue Aug 2, 2022

shutterstock_1404869825-scaled.jpg
image: Evgeniyqw/Shutterstock

In the below clip from the July 27 episode of The Balanced Blonde//Soul On Fire podcast, host Jordan Younger's guest is "intuitive astrologer and spiritual healer" Danielle Page who reveals that Lyme disease is an "intergalactic substance and it's literally bringing in codes from the beginning of time." Younger—who has said she has Lyme disease—responds enthusiastically, saying that that the disease "is a gift." Worth noting is that Page has nearly 100,000 Instagram followers while Younger counts more than 30,000 TikTok followers. A significant number of people listen to what these two say.

For science-based information about Lyme disease, please visit the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention pages.
(Thanks, UPSO!)

Dumb as a brick or money-grubber?

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
Alex made about $200 million spewing hysteria. It's an extremely lucrative business. Nobody should be shocked by copycatting, and Alex was hardly the first to use this model.

There's a method to the madness, it's not just silly. Recall the Nigerian E-mail scam which was intentionally made ridiculous in order to discourage smart people from bothering them. If you want to separate fools from their money you want a message silly enough to keep the non-fools from participating and thereby wasting your time.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Rush Limbaugh was a modern day PT Barnum. Trump, Jones, etc. are just copycats.
"There's a sucker born every minute!"
"This way to see the amazing egress! $1.00 to see the egress!"
"See the man eating chicken! $1.00... It's terrifying!"

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Rush Limbaugh was a modern day PT Barnum. Trump, Jones, etc. are just copycats.
"There's a sucker born every minute!"
"This way to see the amazing egress! $1.00 to see the egress!"
"See the man eating chicken! $1.00... It's terrifying!"

Barnum was just selling random entertainment. Limbaugh and his elk are selling paranoia and hatred.

And as Jon Stewart pointed out over a decade ago, it's destroying America.

hobie1616

Super Anarchist
West Maui
Infowars host Alex Jones began moving $11,000 per day into an alleged shell company he controls, a forensic economist testified Friday, in late 2021 around the time that he was found liable by default in several defamation suits filed by parents of children killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School.