Ras Al Khaimah

One of the seven United Arab Emirates.

You heard it here first B)

(well, most of you :rolleyes: )

:ph34r:

WetHog

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD USA
First, thank you for the google map links. PRICELESS! ;)

Second, I have not been paying much attention to the "guess the venue" thread so how did you guys come to this site? Is their a backstory that can be shared on here? Please?

And Third, I cannot help but notice how close this venue is to the Straight of Hormuz. Ok it is not really close, but close enough.......

WetHog :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

DC_US55

Super Anarchist
Ras Al Khaimah

One of the seven United Arab Emirates.

You heard it here first B)

(well, most of you :rolleyes: )

:ph34r:
Congrats Stinger!

I assume you've found a silver bullet before making a post like this...(my guess is hotel reservations or transport arrangements)

So what's the next challenge? Bin Laden? Jimmy Hoffa? North Vietnam's nuclear program?

Maybe CZ 2.0 and DZ 2.0?

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW
Second, I have not been paying much attention to the "guess the venue" thread so how did you guys come to this site? Is their a backstory that can be shared on here? Please?

More like a back-stabbing story. You would love it!

WetHog

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD USA
Cock Tease! ;)

I am sure there is a great story behind it. Hell I can only hope someone writes a book about all the behind the scenes crap that I am sure has gone on over the last 2 years.

DC_US55

Super Anarchist
Okay, and will GGYC agree to that venue, or go back to court?

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW
I have no idea, but if one were to speculate then maybe when it comes to consent the devil will be in the details, more than in just the location.

But let's assume this is going down in RAK as planned.

We need to dig up everything we can about it. Travel connections (Dubai, probably?), airlines (Emirates and Etihad?), hotel accommodations (are there different budget levels?), entertainment for nights and for the days off in between (sailing? diving? desert exploration? ancient ruins? ... women?? lol) and - of course - where to throw an Anarchy Party!!!

WetHog

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD USA
I suppose it depends on how long they've known, if they know at all, that Alinghi plan to hold the AC there. Then again, based on the reasons for the last court visit, I would say yes they are going back to court. Venue dispute is just as important, if not more, than a rules dispute. We shall see....

PeterHuston

Super Anarchist
This is yet another interestering piece of info Stingray.

I wonder though to whose advantage this will really be.

Does Erne$to not fully understand what the primary business is for Oracle, and who some of the biggest clients are?

Yo - Erne$to - you ever looked at this little company and dug around in there to see some common connections.

http://www.geoeye.com/CorpSite/corporate/b...-directors.aspx

Perhaps it's time to cue up the old classic progressive rocker Alan Parsons Project "Eye in the Sky"

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW

Does Erne$to not fully understand what the primary business is for Oracle, and who some of the biggest clients are?

Yo - Erne$to - you ever looked at this little company and dug around in there to see some common connections.

Perhaps it's time to cue up the old classic progressive rocker Alan Parsons Project "Eye in the Sky"
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but: what does that have to do with Ras al-K?

WetHog

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD USA

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but: what does that have to do with Ras al-K?
Not a stupid question. I was wondering the same thing. :)

mo fuzz

Super Anarchist

Does it involve a bit of blackmail and/or manipulation with a certain BYM reporter? :lol: