All-New Velocitek ProStart

velocitek

i wanna go fast!
Start ahead and stay ahead with the All-New Velocitek ProStart. The best distance-to-line tool just got better, with a backlit, bonded glass display, zero-latency navigation, and 75 hr. battery.

Learn all about new the ProStart from Velocitek's Founder & CEO:

The start of a race is a one round, 5 minute, knife fight. In a world of swiss army knife instruments, the new ProStart is the machete you need to eviscerate the competition and own the start.

The design of the new ProStart was driven by feedback from thousands of users. We kept the intuitive start specific user interface that you know and love, and added a Gorilla glass display, high-speed GPS, rechargeable battery, and a groundbreaking new magnetic compass.

The new ProStart’s backlit, bonded, super high-contrast GorillaⓇ Glass display gives you the best visibility of any self-contained instrument in all conditions.

Behind the display, the ProStart features a high-speed, multi-constellation GPS receiver, a new unrivaled tactical-grade magnetic compass, and a 6-axis inertial measurement unit. These advanced sensors are powered by a 75 hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery.

The result is a simpler, yet more capable ProStart with unrivalled accuracy. This is the instrument you need to start better and win races.

The new ProStart is available now. Each new ProStart is manufactured, calibrated, and tested by Velocitek in San Mateo, California.

velocitek

i wanna go fast!
@Clockwork

That's the same "GPS available" icon that we've used since the original ProStart. We wanted to keep the visual language the same. Here are the icon definitions from the manual:

image.png

You can find the full manual for the new ProStart online here. Aside from satellites, the new ProStart does not connect wirelessly to other devices.

F18 Sailor

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD
@Clockwork

That's the same "GPS available" icon that we've used since the original ProStart. We wanted to keep the visual language the same. Here are the icon definitions from the manual:

View attachment 378108

You can find the full manual for the new ProStart online here. Aside from satellites, the new ProStart does not connect wirelessly to other devices.
Not sure if its possible, but any chance of getting a screen with GPS heading and magnetic heading overlaid? This pretty immediately shows if you have current running down the course. Another useful feature would be to turn the GPS off for one design classes that specify compass only. I also understand if this isn't possible with the sensor fusion algorithms at play.

Last edited by a moderator:

velocitek

i wanna go fast!
@samc99us, thanks for your message.

At the moment, you can choose between Magnetic Heading or COG for your direction output. We'll take your suggestion into consideration.

Making a ProStart legal for classes that specify compass only is a tricky one. The hardware is in the box and there's no changing that. For the strictest classes, we offer the Prism: https://www.velocitek.com/pages/prism

You nerds wrote a manual? That’s so 2015 of you. In the 2020 marine electronics game you just post renderings, tell the people what you think they want to hear and boom! you’ll be famous!
Also actually having a product to deliver when you launch is so 2010.  Standard operating procedure in 2020 is you launch a new marine electronic device before it's even been produced, hype it up, tell everyone how awesome it is, only deliver about 10 prototypes and only offer half the functions you initially said it would have.  This is how you get people talking about your product!  :D .  This whole deliver what you said you would and when you said you would is some new world shit.  I mean, sounds crazy to me but I'll try it!

Varan

Super Anarchist
How about a fully functional sc2? That should be worth at least 50% off.

Edit: As a testimony of Velocitex"s longevity. 

Last edited by a moderator:

velocitek

i wanna go fast!
About ordering, is there a european vendor or do I have to ship from the US to germany and the potential hassle that could be?
Thanks for your interest in the ProStart!

We do have European retailers and distributors. It sounds like you're in Germany. We do not sell direct into Germany because of an exclusivity agreement with Kohlhoff. Kohlhoff is our importer in Germany and Austria: https://www.kohlhoff-online.de/main/contact_us

allweather

baltic
It sounds like you're in Germany.
Yep, baltic waters are my sailing venue of choice.

Thanks for the fast reply, going to check out Kohlhoff now. Would have done it sooner, but have been on the water the past few days and dearly missed a mast mounted instrument ;)
Well, when I wasn't too busy learning to single hand.