America as Cup venue?

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
But in real life, they are committed to the AC75 for the next round and will not choose somewhere unsuitable for the boat.   The boat will be tweaked for local conditions but it will be a track where the AC75 can work.
Yep, and Dalton told the AC75 was designed for the Hauraki gulf difficult conditions, but in real life I doubt it could sail around the Isle of Wight and any conditions in the Solent. Their wide hull hitting waves at 40 kts would not be ideal for the crew and the material.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Yep, and Dalton told the AC75 was designed for the Hauraki gulf difficult conditions, but in real life I doubt it could sail around the Isle of Wight and any conditions in the Solent. Their wide hull hitting waves at 40 kts would not be ideal for the crew and the material.
The F50’s couldn’t handle Cowes.

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
Cowes was the "best races and show"?

True sports entertainment. Crashes, risks to life and limb, heartbreaking attempts at comebacks, instantaneous "speed record" all the smash and crash fun promoted in ad clips. Wrasslin would be proud. 

shebeen

Super Anarchist
None of the favoured options are really and necessarily "open ocean". 
Valencia?

I say this without ever having been there, and crusing croatia hardly counts as my only med sailing experience.

Reason being is if i think os San Fran, Bermuda, Auckland, and sail GP with Taranto they all seem to be picking places with sheltered bays/lagoons as the place to race foiling craft.

i suppose the best answer to my question of how an AC72 goes in the mediterranean swell would be from Luna Rossa at Cagliari. looks quite placed here

https://www.americascup.com/en/gallery/672_LUNA-ROSSA-TRAINING-IN-CAGLIARI

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Known:

- GD and Ratcliffe discuss of a possible AC37

- TNZ can keep its boat and optimize it

- the Brits have build a new boat or modify it and consider it as a new boat with the miracle of the MC

Known unknown

- date of the next AC

- possibility for other competitors to compete

- They don't know the venue while the others may already know it and benefit from it

Unknown ?

Certainty

- the teams who compete for AC37 will have a huge advantage for AC38 as the will have the possibility to race on the AC75 3 rd version.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Known:

- GD and Ratcliffe discuss of a possible AC37

- TNZ can keep its boat and optimize it

- the Brits have build a new boat or modify it and consider it as a new boat with the miracle of the MC

Known unknown

- date of the next AC

- possibility for other competitors to compete

- They don't know the venue while the others may already know it and benefit from it

Unknown ?

Certainty

- the teams who compete for AC37 will have a huge advantage for AC38 as the will have the possibility to race on the AC75 3 rd version.
Why would the Brits need a new/modified boat?  Only LR’s boat 2 is unable to be used. 

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Why would the Brits need a new/modified boat?  Only LR’s boat 2 is unable to be used. 
Because: "No vessel which has been defeated in a match for this Cup can be again selected by any Club as its representative until after a contest for it by some other vessel has intervened, or until after the expiration of two years from the time of such defeat."

I don't know if their B1, if still existing, could be considered not defeated and modified to make a winning boat. I guess the best solution would be to build a new hull, same for UK and Italy.

Last edited by a moderator: