America's Cup Final: Race 12 & 13

Hmm It will be interesting to see how the boats perform comparatively in much lighter breezes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qman

Super Anarchist
They were expecting mid range winds today and they were still up there. so if they say 10 knots i am betting 14-15. In any event i think it will be game over tomorrow, fingers crossed.

NZL5

Auckland
This is our time...it's been 10.5 years since we had the cup. Its been a lot of hardship and struggle over a decade.let's hope we finish it tomorrow. Perfect timing..Friday night party time in Auckland.

Will we become the most successful "team" in AC history if we win?.

christom

Fremantle
This is our time...it's been 10.5 years since we had the cup. Its been a lot of hardship and struggle over a decade.let's hope we finish it tomorrow. Perfect timing..Friday night party time in Auckland.Will we become the most successful "team" in AC history if we win?.
Umm. I think the NYYC might have some thing to say about that.

King Konini

As a Kiwi I'm hopeful of 2 things tomorrow:

1/ That ETNZ wins. They've worked hard, designed and built a helluva boat, played well, and deserve a win and a f*ckin good pissup.

2/ That Kiwis everywhere are good winners. There's a big difference between giving any Aussie or Yanks you see a bit of shit, and being an asshole.

3/ I'd love to finally find out why GD has a beef with PJ Montgomery.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got unfinished work with my JS voodoo doll.

Supervox

Saafffend
What do people think OTUSAs tactics will be ?

Stay away from ETNZ & try to win the start cleanly and then stay ahead or will JS go protest hunting?

Equally, what will ETNZ do? They've shown they can mix it at the pre-start & come out on top and yesterdays ignore OR, time-on-distance run to the line before the aborted Race 12 was really something to see.

Thoughts?

Micke

Finland
does anyone have the forecast from WRAMS?
Mmmm... Now I feel a bit stupid. Just found the "customize" button in the top right corner in SailFlow. There's a bunch of models to choose from, WRAMS among others.

All models except WRAMS predict light winds around 10 knots or less. WRAMS is giving significantly higher numbers, high teens to low 20's (for the second race).

romaine

Super Anarchist
Mmmm... Now I feel a bit stupid. Just found the "customize" button in the top right corner in SailFlow. There's a bunch of models to choose from, WRAMS among others.

All models except WRAMS predict light winds around 10 knots or less. WRAMS is giving significantly higher numbers, high teens to low 20's (for the second race).
What is this "second race" you speak of. I'm under the impression that there is only one race left.

Supervox

Saafffend

What is this "second race" you speak of. I'm under the impression that there is only one race left.
Let's hope you're right :)

DayTripper

Anarchist
Te Ika a Maui

Stay away from ETNZ & try to win the start cleanly and then stay ahead or will JS go protest hunting?

Equally, what will ETNZ do? They've shown they can mix it at the pre-start & come out on top and yesterdays ignore OR, time-on-distance run to the line before the aborted Race 12 was really something to see.

Thoughts?
I was under the impression OR had port again tomorrow so I can't see much change in tactics, protect the leeward position and try the wild swerve for a penalty if Aotearoa comes close enough.

Abraxas3

Thoughts?
I was under the impression OR had port again tomorrow so I can't see much change in tactics, protect the leeward position and try the wild swerve for a penalty if Aotearoa comes close enough.
Let's hope JS set's up slightly higher to protect the windward end, and DB just rips past him to leeward :)

oobayly

This is our time...it's been 10.5 years since we had the cup. Its been a lot of hardship and struggle over a decade.let's hope we finish it tomorrow. Perfect timing..Friday night party time in Auckland.Will we become the most successful "team" in AC history if we win?.
Umm. I think the NYYC might have some thing to say about that.
NYYC is the most successful Club in AC history. However they had a large range of defenders during its reign. I'm doubtful as to whether you could call Dennis Conner's four wins a team. TNZ on the other hand have been pretty constant from their start in 1993. However it's a pretty poor metric in my opinion.

Still want to see ETNZ win though.

Warthog

Super Anarchist
After the scare JS got in the start of what should have been R2, they will be wary of the same again from ETNZ, though the Kiwis finally nailed the Time on Distance to the line.......... B very interesting and the heart rate will be up again......