And now there's a Gunboat 68 for sale (GB6804)

HotCarNut

Denver, CO
I loved the paint on this one when it emerged from the factory and photos in the sun were done.  Exterior helm stations are a cool addition.  If this was the owner’s dream project, why is he selling so quickly?  Based on the price tag is he hoping to upgrade to the new GB80? Just doesn’t make sense…

Ruminator

Florida
Ultra wealthy me: gee I can go buy this GB right now for an eye-watering sum.  Or I can buy 2 or 3 _________________________ (insert any other current brand offering similar sized catamarans) and wait 12-months (ish) for delivery.

Also ultra wealthy me:  dangnabbit gonna go buy me 2 of 'dem Dazcat 1895's and pocket the other $4 million in change!

To be fair, I have no blazing clue what a GB68 is really worth.  So grab your favorite adult beverage and let's watch either a.) the price reductions or b.) the quick sale to someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruminator

Florida
If you're trying to make a statement whilst entering Gustavia Harbor, this 90 footer is perhaps the better approach here.

Listed on YachtWorld earlier this year for just over $10M usd.  See the man with the company sponsorship at the top of this thread for more info  :D

download.jpg

Ruminator

Florida
The Gunboat 90 was listed for less.
And I would say: that's a shame. 

GB90 was/is a magnificent vessel.  We Anarchists might throw the term "unicorn" around.  But that boat was special.  Can't underscore that further. 

The pics below are mine.  From St. Barths back in the 'day' just before the Bucket Regatta... 

Never met Soma during that visit, as I believe he was the Captain at the time.  I hope he's doing well and that the future looks bright for him.  I raise my glass of rum to him tonight!

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
Any idea what someone's net worth needs to be to spend US$11+ million dollars on a boat?  Try the top 0.1%, obscenely rich!

https://dqydj.com/average-median-top-net-worth-percentiles/

What was the median net worth?

In 2020, $121,411 was the median household net worth in the United States. This is up from $97,225.55 in 2017.

What was the average net worth?

The average household net worth in 2020 was $746,821. It was $692,100 in 2017.

What is the top 1% household net worth?

To be top 1% in 2020, a household needed a net worth of $11,099,166. $10,374,030 was the 1% threshold in 2017.

What is the top .5% net worth? What is the top .1% household net worth?

To be top .5% in 2020, a household needed a net worth of $17,557,208. The top .1% bracket started around $43,207,732.

vokstar

Tasmania
I think they are trying it on a it with the price, I thought they where about 8 - 10 USD? Odd though that they are selling so soon after getting it and apparently it was a dream project, but I guess everything is for sale if you get the right price. Had forgotten about those hilariously bad promo pics. 

Greenflash

From the agent's listing - perhaps she came out on the heavy side?
I actually laughed out loud at this, thank you mate.  :eek: :lol:  I think they mixed up weight with gross tonnage, goodness me! We've added lead keels everyone!

Guys, the boat is great, nothing wrong with it except for the usual little bits and bops. We were at St Tropez last week reaching, doing 24knots J2, 1st reef, I swear with the A5 up that boat will do 30 knots in flat water! 

I cannot add anything about topic or link, sorry. Just want to stop any doubts about the boat in their tracks.   If you want to know more just contact me. 

steelmadesteamer said:
By occasion (?)  the boat recently can be seen in the vicinity of repair facilities.
Owner keeps the boat near a big refit facility

loop

farr out
^^^ Sales agent are the same group that oversaw construction - might be trying to defend their involvement
EUR 9.9m asking = 8.25 net of 20% French VAT.

Sounds like the "as-built" price, plus cost of owner's project management and some leeway built in for price discussion with a potential buyer.

vokstar

Tasmania
And I would say: that's a shame. 

GB90 was/is a magnificent vessel.  We Anarchists might throw the term "unicorn" around.  But that boat was special.  Can't underscore that further. 

The pics below are mine.  From St. Barths back in the 'day' just before the Bucket Regatta... 

Never met Soma during that visit, as I believe he was the Captain at the time.  I hope he's doing well and that the future looks bright for him.  I raise my glass of rum to him tonight!
Some other pics and updates on the fleet.. and some pics of GB90 Tigerlilly Too! It is looking amazing! 

Gunboat News