Andy Seedhouse - three nice dinghies

pierre

West Sussex
I particularly like Scarlett. Great for toodling around with, and then shoving loads of sail on for fun.

Go anywhere type of dinghy with a bit of style.

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
You can find a decent 30' sailboat these days for a few k. But a usable hard dinghy for sale is as scarce as hens teeth. 

I bet you could sell this fixer-upper 

Fishing dinghy (1 of 1).jpg

2airishuman

The Loyal Opposition
You can find a decent 30' sailboat these days for a few k. But a usable hard dinghy for sale is as scarce as hens teeth.
I have a nice 8' fiberglass rowing dinghy from the 1970s that I'm selling.  I have corrected some of the amateurish repairs (such as seats in 1" solid mahogany) to reduce weight to a mere 115 pounds, and have installed new foam for flotation.

Usable?  Not for me, but perfect for a couple of twentysomething gym bunnies.

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
I have a nice 8' fiberglass rowing dinghy from the 1970s that I'm selling.  I have corrected some of the amateurish repairs (such as seats in 1" solid mahogany) to reduce weight to a mere 115 pounds, and have installed new foam for flotation.

Usable?  Not for me, but perfect for a couple of twentysomething gym bunnies.
If you were closer, I'd tell my daughter. They got the boat for $1 (from her brother) but haven't found a dinghy. Your last line is right, she is now 31 so perhaps has aged through that window. Plus she has a boyfriend and his best friend Tony, that weighs 50#.  I know she needs something longer but she would jump on 8'.

Everybody has to learn about dinghy and dog sizes, on their own,...

MJ Tommy dinghy sailing cuttyhunk crop (1 of 1).jpg