Anemometer connection at base of mast??

Bowchow

Anarchist
Raymarine ST60 suite, connecting the masthead windvane to the boat connection.  

Those 5 tiny wires, what do you guys use? Currently have this junction box pictured below, but I need to replace it. I'm fine with the same style box, but I cannot find it anywhere.. any ideas?

IMG_2997 copy.jpg

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
If you're worried about this, or do a lot of them, use these:

Amazon.com : ferrule crimper kit

ALL connector strips suffer from corrosion. (salt water/moisture will eventually destroy any exposed connection) Use any flavor of these:

CorrosionX – Corrosion Technologies

Amazon.com: Permatex 81150 Dielectric Tune-Up Grease.33 oz Tube : Tools & Home Improvement

On the terminal strips: the cheap versions have the screw directly pressing into the wire - these do abuse the wire. The better units have a plate under the screw, so the wire has a flat surface pressing down on the wire. For these small, very low amp connections, these work fine. The VERY common "DIN" system just uses a spring plate to push against the wiring, so industry is OK with this 

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Raymarine ST60 suite, connecting the masthead windvane to the boat connection.  

Those 5 tiny wires, what do you guys use? Currently have this junction box pictured below, but I need to replace it. I'm fine with the same style box, but I cannot find it anywhere.. any ideas?

View attachment 510914
Go to Amphenol’s website. They make a perfect quick disconnect for virtually every application. Unless you need to completely unwire due to space constraints, they rock.