Another SA sad AC Article

L Z

Reporters
Another phenomenal AC sailing and media article on the Front Page - in case you happened to stop by to see it.

I'm at a loss for words to describe how disgusted and sick I am with all the latest articles being posted. If it is not absolutely perfect to SA's liking, it is trash. And let's vocalize it to the world - and the sailors!

If you don't like it, than go do something about it! Trashing and Bashing isn't going to get you and the sport anywhere. Go setup your own "Sailing TV Network" and broadcast if you think everything is so easy and cheap. Go do your marketing, promotion and see if you can do it any better. Till then...step off the kingdom and let them do what they can do, which is by far better than anything we've ever seen in this sport to date.

Guess Dean Barker's line the other day could be applied here "I think if you didn't enjoy today's racing you should watch another sport,". Maybe SA should start focusing on those they like and leave the others alone.

Pretty much equals to less and less interest and visits from me around here. Used to come for the great stories and discussion and lately only finding a trashing to the sport and all those that spend countless hours putting it together and making it happen.

Rant over... AC is coming on soon. Time to go watch it.

Totally agree- to me, the tone feels fabricated.

This is sailing establishment, it's most mainstream, so SA has rail against it as loudly as possible. Is it all for show?

Look at the AC forum, there is a lot of talking going on, and all those people are well aware of the event's shortcomings.

flatearth

NBCSN did not have it on the guide today, but it switched on. I had been hoping to try out the Chromcast though.

dasher12

east coast
Agreed. Also, the most recent articles don't align with what Alan Block said during his radio interview on the 17th, which was rather positive... I don't get it. Seems like they are just trying too hard to make a controversy when really the last few races have shown us some pretty impressive sailing. I agree there are many issues with how the Cup has been handled but call a spade a spade when it comes to the last couple days of racing....

Last edited by a moderator:

L Z

Reporters
Rant over... AC is coming on soon. Time to go watch it.
LZ--- HOW do you watch it ? It's not on NBC around these parts today, at least not that I can find. cant find it streaming online either. Sorry for the thread hijack
Find your NBC Sport Network - not the regular NBC channel.

ETNZ won the first race which was awesome and right down to the last mark!

They are currently in postponement for the second race..

quezal

chicago
Whoever wrote the from page article has no respect I'm guessing its clean looking for attention .!?

Yes I know it's a pity there are wind limits but rules are rules and are there as a great sailor was killed sailing these boats .but according to the author he is not to worried

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
The consistent negativity about just about everything on the front page is getting tiresome and indicative of someone with some personal issues.

redviking

Anarchist
The consistent negativity about just about everything on the front page is getting tiresome and indicative of someone with some personal issues.
Isn't that what this place is all about? Slam everything and everyone? All the cool kids are doing it....

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
I'm in a bad mood. My pal Jerry's son, 16 years old, fell over dead during PE two days ago. I know the pain he feels. Jerry works for IMTRA in Seattle.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Agreed. Also, the most recent articles don't align with what Alan Block said during his radio interview on the 17th, which was rather positive... I don't get it. Seems like they are just trying too hard to make a controversy when really the last few races have shown us some pretty impressive sailing. I agree there are many issues with how the Cup has been handled but call a spade a spade when it comes to the last couple days of racing....
Scot and I don't align about a lot of things. We put shit up on the front page from Huston and from Te Kooti too. Pretty cool, eh?

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Go look at it again. A pile of really interesting race reports, some great videos, some gorgeous pics, and some articles. And yeah, a few editorial critiques of the Cup wind limits. Is that really 'negativity about just about everything?"

Flatbag

Super Anarchist
Ed & Clean. Grow up.

Admit you got it wrong. This event is a huge success. Sailors all over this big blue planet are loving this event and the high drama it has produced. Sure the score line isn't close, what AC ever was? But the truth is that the racing is close, colourful, exciting and action packed. There have been more lead changes in this AC than ever before and it is gripping stuff to watch from start to finish.

What's your problem with wind limits? These boats ain't Shaw 650s ffs, they are on the extreme cutting edge of sailing and a good man died when they got it wrong. Neither you nor I have sailed one of these things in the heat of battle at the upper end of their wind ranges so lets leave that decision to those who have. After all, both teams agreed on the limits. Are you going to tell Dean B or Jimmy S and their highly skilled crews that they are wimps?

My neighbour in the next apartment has cottoned on to this event, probably heard me wahooing through the walls, and his whole family is getting up at sparrows fart here to watch the racing after I showed him how to hook it up to his big TV via his iPad using the free AC app - Guess what, none of that family has ever sailed in their lives, never been on any sort of boat but they are absolutely hooked and he has asked me to help get his three kids involved in sailing at our local yacht club this summer. That alone is a win for the AC. Multiply that by whatever factor you like; this event has drawn new interest in sailing and that cannot be wrong.

The sad thing for you guys is that your huge AC forum participation is about to end and you will see a massive dive in readership that you are going to have to explain to your advertisers. Some will stay for other reasons but you guys have truly screwed your own pooch with all the bullshit negativity.

Latest posts