Anti vaxers prepared to let their child die.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
They were prepared to accept blood from unvaccinated donors and had numerous people lined up.

Can you understand why when you read something like this?!

Booster mandates in young adults are expected to cause a net harm
And what is the Blood bank supposed to do?
Make a special batch and have it processed and tested for Hep and Hiv for everyone who has a fear of getting blood from strangers?
Or will their especially selected donors pay to have their blood tested for other nastys in a private clinic, pay for the transportation, storage etc and all in time to save a child's life?

You are not putting much effort into thinking this through are you?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Has there been one that didn't?
They usually end badly. But at least some of them start on the ground floor. It is the ones that start in the cellar and immediately commence shoveling that cause my head to shake.

The perfect trifecta would start with a post that involved a baby, Covid, the war in the Ukraine, Dean Barker and a dingo. Can someone make that happen? Bonus points if the OP gets a 1 month ban from @Editor

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
They usually end badly. But at least some of them start on the ground floor. It is the ones that start in the cellar and immediately commence shoveling that cause my head to shake.

The perfect trifecta would start with a post that involved a baby, Covid, the war in the Ukraine, Dean Barker and a dingo. Can someone make that happen? Bonus points if the OP gets a 1 month ban from @Editor
Where have you been?
@Editor doesn't own the show anymore.
Moderation used to be light handed, now it would seem to be completely absent.
I'll give it 6 months until the place is completely over run with trolls and spammers.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia

Meli should get a month ban for stupidity. The fact that everyone can see an initial post regardless of ignore status is a feature not a bug. It was discussed early on after the changeover to the 'new and improved' forum software.

But of course, why would anyone expect her to actually do any research. The next time would be the first.

FKT

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Meli should get a month ban for stupidity. The fact that everyone can see an initial post regardless of ignore status is a feature not a bug. It was discussed early on after the changeover to the 'new and improved' forum software.

But of course, why would anyone expect her to actually do any research. The next time would be the first.

FKT
Why do you call yourself a curmudgeon? You seem like such a nice old man.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
As long as Dean Barker is wearing finger-less sailing gloves and quoting the Colregs.
Ahhhh, so you like the gloves to be finger-less.

Have you had any experience with Dean Barker and was it arousing when he quoted the Colregs?

spankoka

Super Anarchist
Why? To make some point? Are they afraid of an impending zombie apocalypse arising among the vaccinated? If that is the case they are fucked anyway.
Paranoia combined with too much money, I guess. They took a Challenger from YVR to MEX. I guess it's vanity that people like that always think they have special insights that are lost on the "sheeple".

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas

FKT
Only a month? Should be life.

People who post the wrong thing and get banned can learn a lesson from their mistakes.

One month or even a year will not make Meli any less stupid.

Chief Stipe

And what is the Blood bank supposed to do?
Make a special batch and have it processed and tested for Hep and Hiv for everyone who has a fear of getting blood from strangers?
Or will their especially selected donors pay to have their blood tested for other nastys in a private clinic, pay for the transportation, storage etc and all in time to save a child's life?

You are not putting much effort into thinking this through are you?
You've obviously have put zero thinking effort into it.
For example aren't all blood donors tested? Would be irresponsible not to. You also assume that those willing to donate their blood were not already registered donors. Further you obviously assume ALL registered donors are vaccinated when there are unvaccinated donors. Now if you had made an effort to think you would know that every blood donor has a health record which would show of they were vaccinated or not.
Surely in NZ's largest city they could look in the database and find blood from an unvaccinated donor.

But all that aside the issue I gather is plasma.

LB 15

Cunt
From your opening line I can only assume you are replying to one of Short on Brain's posts, that happily, are hidden from me.
That is her hallmark of every post she has ever made, however I didn't come here to agree that people requiring blood should be able to see the menu first. Perhaps you anti-vaxer types would like the doners race recorded as well?

I mean you wouldn't want any of that 'Darkie' blood pumping around your pure, Aryan veins.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Surely in NZ's largest city they could look in the database and find blood from an unvaccinated donor.
But why should they just to satisfy Covid Karens?
They don't do it for anyone else. Their job is to provide blood to matched blood type recipients not boutique blood for people with medieval superstitions.

Terry Hollis

Super Anarchist
For example aren't all blood donors tested? Would be irresponsible not to. You also assume that those willing to donate their blood were not already registered donors. Further you obviously assume ALL registered donors are vaccinated when there are unvaccinated donors. Now if you had made an effort to think you would know that every blood donor has a health record which would show of they were vaccinated or not.

But all that aside the issue I gather is plasma.
As I understand it ALL blood is tested for many different problems. They do not test individuals but they screen them for risky lifestyles, their blood goes into a batch and the batch is tested, this has proven to be the most economic way to do the testing because a batch is rarely rejected.

BeSafe

Super Anarchist
Its not realistic to do what the parents are asking. The 'circulating' anti-bodies in the blood don't distinguish where they came from - so 'screening' the blood expos-facto doesn't guarantee anything.

The only option to "guarantee" what they're asking is to take blood from a live stream of pre-vetted donors. In that case, great, go pay for a private surgery and line up the appropriate resources.

The reason the mRNA vaccines aren't given out all over the world is because they degrade very quickly outside of being kept super cold. Remember that whole logistics problem? They break down in hours. There IS NO active mRNA in donated blood. That's just not possible either. The parents objection is, at best, out of ignorance.

Latest posts