Any S2 owners out there?!

I sailed an 1980 8.0B in the Apostle Islands for the last 3 years.  I wouldn't call her a fast boat, but for a 4600 lb 26 footer that can be legally trailered without an oversized load permit , 5'8" of headroom, and an enclosed head, she sure was an easy and comfortable cruiser.  Enough so that I was able to convince my wife cruising was a great way to spend our free time, and she approved the idea of a bigger boat :p .   

I think S2's build quality is above average for boats in this price range.  

Last edited by a moderator:

mckesscl

Calling all S2 Boats- 
especially 9.1s, 9.2s , 7.9s. 6.7s. 

An S2 One Last Time International Regatta is confirmed for August 14-16th at South Shore Yacht Club in Milwaukee Wisconsin. 

We have several S2 9.1s interested. 

Several S2 9.2 boats have expressed interest (JAM race) If we have at least 5 boats. 

S2 7.9s would you be interested? We would need at least 5 boats to have a race. 

S2 6.7s are you interested? 

Other S2 boats are welcome to attend even if not racing. Join us for the fun and comradery. 

It will be held in conjunction with a Catalina 30 regatta and SSYC annual corn roast on Saturday night which is a great time and a band for live music. 

NOR will be coming out around first week of February. 

If you would like to attend please email Cyndi McKesson Maehl at [email protected] with  your name, e-mail address, name of boat , type of S2 and contact phone number.

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
Calling all S2 Boats- 

An S2 One Last Time International Regatta is confirmed for August 14-16th at South Shore Yacht Club in Milwaukee Wisconsin. 

Several S2 9.2 boats have expressed interest (JAM race) If we have at least 5 boats. 

Other S2 boats are welcome to attend even if not racing. Join us for the fun and comradery. 

It will be held in conjunction with a Catalina 30 regatta and SSYC annual corn roast on Saturday night which is a great time and a band for live music. 

If you would like to attend please email Cyndi McKesson Maehl at [email protected] with  your name, e-mail address, name of boat , type of S2 and contact phone number.
FYI, in case you didn’t know, the S2 7.9 class championships are across the lake at Macatawa Bay YC August 27-30.  Could have an impact, positive or negative, on 7.9 turnout at your event.

Looper

Anarchist
Calling all S2 Boats- 

FYI, in case you didn’t know, the S2 7.9 class championships are across the lake at Macatawa Bay YC August 27-30.  Could have an impact, positive or negative, on 7.9 turnout at your event.
Being in Chicago I had considered going up to S2-fest with my 7.9, but with Nationals following shortly after, i'm going to pass.

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
We have four 7.9’s (that I know of) in the Choctawhatchee.  Heres two at our club. Nearest is ours. 

754FE1F1-28D4-494A-B1AC-823550A3724D.jpeg