Anyone else having issues paying crew in Crypto or NFTs?

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
The last time I had a big weekend of sailing I paid the crew in my boat’s Crypto, which is called KEeL Qoins. Some of you have probably used KEeL Qoins without knowing I launched it. Anyway, one of the crew is all about FUD and said he wanted to cash in right away.

“No problem, 10 KEeL Qoins gets you 32.5 Knot Dollar$, “ I said. (Knot Dollar$ is the other ledger chain currency I launched for my boat).

So then he tries cashing in the Knot Dollar$ at the usual places- Metamask etc. and has issues with them so comes back telling me they can’t do it. I told him that’s between them and him because I can see his balance of Knot Dollar$ on my ledger so the problem is on their end.

Fast forward and I’m doing a prestigious race with this crew at the end of this month. Given the issues cashing in KEeL Qoins or Knot Dollar$ I figured this time I would just give them an NFT to mint. Each crew member would get their own and instead of using an address on the Ethereum chain we’ll just use an address on my Google Drive. Some of them are already complaining about how the image isn’t worth anything. I said, “It’s your NFT, when you mint it, you can set the market cap at 20,000USD or whatever you want” but they still don’t get it. Web3 bitches!

Here is an example of one of the images associated with a NFT for crew payment. And don’t any of you assholes even think of minting it unless you have about 32 KEeL Qoins to give me.

NFT (1).jpg

I bought some KEeL Qoins in my coin base account. Silly knot to. I'm getting in at the ground floor. Its a new crypto. It is under owned unlike BitCoin which is seriously over owned.

I'm not going to follow it on a daly basis. The way I look at it, it will either be worth hundreds of thousands in a couple of years or I can use it to pay my crew for the 2024 Newport Bermuda. Win"Win.

I looked at Knot Dollar$, but seemed a bit risky to me.

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
I bought some KEeL Qoins in my coin base account. Silly knot to. I'm getting in at the ground floor. Its a new crypto. It is under owned unlike BitCoin which is seriously over owned.

I'm not going to follow it on a daly basis. The way I look at it, it will either be worth hundreds of thousands in a couple of years or I can use it to pay my crew for the 2024 Newport Bermuda. Win"Win.

I looked at Knot Dollar$, but seemed a bit risky to me.
A level headed assement except the FUD about Knot Dollar$

What would you market cap that NFT at? 20k USD?

A level headed assement except the FUD about Knot Dollar$

What would you market cap that NFT at? 20k USD?
Why put a limit on the market cap? I figure that if you PV at $1,000 per view, the thread is already at 28,000 views. Really the sky is the limit. But as I say, I havent tested the market yet. I see no reason to create a low starting point. You will weep when you heard how little I had to pay Somers for the NFT. He did not realize what RBYC was sitting on.

nota

Anarchist
once upon a time we had gold coins

then that went away but we had silver dollars

and the USA bills said one could trade them or silver

then that went away

and now the paper is not traded for silver
the coins have no real value

and they tell me crypto is fake and not real money

and now the paper is not traded for silver
the coins have no real value

and they tell me crypto is fake and not real money
Exactly right.

Do you think anyone in the US feels the slightest bit responsible for the dollar? It is just paper and they handed it out like confetti during the pandemic.

Bitcoin? Huh, nobody knows who the shadowy guy is who founded it and nobody understands how it is mined, least of all Elon Musk.

But KEeL Qoin, you know who created it. You know who runs the ledger. It is easy to understand how it is formed . It is so real that you can almost touch it. I just topped up with another 0.8 KEeL Qoin when Australia opened.

DYOR