Anyone else having issues paying crew in Crypto or NFTs?

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
Ya'll are off the ball.

Crypto has value the same way UPCs have value. It's just a ledger. Think logistics. Process management. What the fuck is what in what the fuck?

Smart contract NFTs are interesting because they are a transferable digital object with integrated legacy payment structures. It is a platform to automate a lot of process shit. This is basically the capitalist response to the "information wants to be free" crowd. There's more to crypto than bullshit pump and dumps. Think global spreadsheet. Clippy worldwide.

Or don't. It's surely all just bullshit jpegs. Golly.

Last edited:

Howler

Best explanation of NFTs I've heard yet:
"Your spouse is increasingly distant and goes away on frequent, long, questionable "business trips" with an attractive co-worker. But you're all set because you're holding a holographic, laminated, forgery-proof marriage certificate issued to you by City Hall."

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Unlike fiat currencies, KEeL Qoin is limited in supply. It is only created (mined!) when somebody crews for someone else and accepts crypto payment. Since the number of people racing sailboats is steadily declining, so is the supply of KEeL Qoin declining. Limited supp;ly + unlimited demand = ?

Each year, less KEeL Qoin is mined. Until eventually when the last person stops sailing, the supply of KEeL Qoin will be exhausted.

Based on World Sailing data, by 2028, assuming the sailing stays in the Olympics, there will be approximately 1 million KEeL Qoin in circulation. There are just under 8 billion people in the world. If you make the modest assumption that each person invests just $5 of their savings in KEeL Qoin, then each KEeL Qoin will be worth $40,000. Soooo think about that when someone offers you 10 KEeL Qoin to do the Wednesday Night Series race with them.

I think this opens the door to a lot more AC entries

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Sailors are not a particularly bright bunch. If you hang around the dock after racing, you will find that many crew will be happy to trade the 10 KEel Qoin that the skipper just paid them, in exchange for a 6 pack of beer......They are happy and you have just sold a 6 pack of beer for $400,000 in 2028 dollars!

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
22's
Unlike fiat currencies, KEeL Qoin is limited in supply. It is only created (mined!) when somebody crews for someone else and accepts crypto payment. Since the number of people racing sailboats is steadily declining, so is the supply of KEeL Qoin declining. Limited supp;ly + unlimited demand = ?

Each year, less KEeL Qoin is mined. Until eventually when the last person stops sailing, the supply of KEeL Qoin will be exhausted.

Based on World Sailing data, by 2028, assuming the sailing stays in the Olympics, there will be approximately 1 million KEeL Qoin in circulation. There are just under 8 billion people in the world. If you make the modest assumption that each person invests just $5 of their savings in KEeL Qoin, then each KEeL Qoin will be worth $40,000. Soooo think about that when someone offers you 10 KEeL Qoin to do the Wednesday Night Series race with them.

I think this opens the door to a lot more AC entries
This person gets it. And if you have FUD about KEeL Qoins you can always invest in Knot Dollar$

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
CG hase inspirred me, I wille shortley launche CryptoSnagg as a fulley tradded NFT. Staye tunned!
Snaggs- people aren't going to buy some bullshit crypto you just made up. Has to have pedigree. KEeL Qoins have been around for literally weeks. You can't just snap your fingers and get that kind of pedigree and stability.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
The last time I had a big weekend of sailing I paid the crew in my boat’s Crypto, which is called KEeL Qoins. Some of you have probably used KEeL Qoins without knowing I launched it. Anyway, one of the crew is all about FUD and said he wanted to cash in right away.

“No problem, 10 KEeL Qoins gets you 32.5 Knot Dollar$, “ I said. (Knot Dollar$ is the other ledger chain currency I launched for my boat).

So then he tries cashing in the Knot Dollar$ at the usual places- Metamask etc. and has issues with them so comes back telling me they can’t do it. I told him that’s between them and him because I can see his balance of Knot Dollar$ on my ledger so the problem is on their end.

Fast forward and I’m doing a prestigious race with this crew at the end of this month. Given the issues cashing in KEeL Qoins or Knot Dollar$ I figured this time I would just give them an NFT to mint. Each crew member would get their own and instead of using an address on the Ethereum chain we’ll just use an address on my Google Drive. Some of them are already complaining about how the image isn’t worth anything. I said, “It’s your NFT, when you mint it, you can set the market cap at 20,000USD or whatever you want” but they still don’t get it. Web3 bitches!

Here is an example of one of the images associated with a NFT for crew payment. And don’t any of you assholes even think of minting it unless you have about 32 KEeL Qoins to give me.
This is a goddamned incredible post. Brilliant work. I am reviewing a white paper as we speak for a company that produces electric mopeds for southeast asia and is launching a token ecosystem for the chargers. And that's not even the craziest crypto project I'm working on.

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
This is a goddamned incredible post. Brilliant work. I am reviewing a white paper as we speak for a company that produces electric mopeds for southeast asia and is launching a token ecosystem for the chargers. And that's not even the craziest crypto project I'm working on.
What's also hilarious is my little jpeg art of the 70's blooper free flying on my boat is actually, TRULY, better art than 99% of NFT horse shit out there!

Reactions: Mid

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Bingo!

You can make them fungible with KEeL Qoin. It is a Win:Win for the Electric Moped producer.
Who gets paid in KEeL Qoin? Sailors
What does every sailor need when they arrive in Bermuda? A Scooter and the means to recharge it..
This would rip open the Bermuda market for your client like a sardine can.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I made KEel haul on that one so started the latest and bested: CryBB - look for Matt Damon to be on board REel Soon.

Mid

Blues Rule
1657642172734.png

right there on the mythical front page :)

Latest posts