Anyone else having issues paying crew in Crypto or NFTs?

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
Sondes awfulley pearsonalle, mabey you to shoude switche to PMs........
Meh. I'm a nurse- impossible to embarrass. Which reminds me, the last time we were going out I offered to give crew a Foley and strap the piss big around their ankle so they wouldn't have to worry about voiding during the race. No takers, can you believe that?

sailor-cfn

Wire me 10k USD and I'll remotely activate your trusty Yanny to mine Knot Dollar$ while you motor (they're not dollars; they're Knot Dollar$!)

If you don't mind turning the Manchester gasket upside down and letting me calibrate your phase inhibitor (remotely) I can rig your Yanny to mine KEeL Qoins even when it's not running!
Doesn't that depend if the gasket has a left-handed or right-handed gronicle?

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
Meanwhile at the SEC....

I'll rail meat for Murphy's or Eth. There's more meat with Murph and I might even be more agreeable.

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
The last time I had a big weekend of sailing I paid the crew in my boat’s Crypto, which is called KEeL Qoins. Some of you have probably used KEeL Qoins without knowing I launched it. Anyway, one of the crew is all about FUD and said he wanted to cash in right away.

“No problem, 10 KEeL Qoins gets you 32.5 Knot Dollar$, “ I said. (Knot Dollar$ is the other ledger chain currency I launched for my boat).

So then he tries cashing in the Knot Dollar$ at the usual places- Metamask etc. and has issues with them so comes back telling me they can’t do it. I told him that’s between them and him because I can see his balance of Knot Dollar$ on my ledger so the problem is on their end.

Fast forward and I’m doing a prestigious race with this crew at the end of this month. Given the issues cashing in KEeL Qoins or Knot Dollar$ I figured this time I would just give them an NFT to mint. Each crew member would get their own and instead of using an address on the Ethereum chain we’ll just use an address on my Google Drive. Some of them are already complaining about how the image isn’t worth anything. I said, “It’s your NFT, when you mint it, you can set the market cap at 20,000USD or whatever you want” but they still don’t get it. Web3 bitches!

Here is an example of one of the images associated with a NFT for crew payment. And don’t any of you assholes even think of minting it unless you have about 32 KEeL Qoins to give me.

View attachment 528105
I'm surprised anyone would except crypto for wages.

Give me an example of today's real money.

Hmmm.

There are approximately 26 trillion dollars in the USA (M3). That is an estimate because the Fed has stopped letting the public know its M3 data. We know it is more than $ 20T due to M2 data.

Only around $ 2 bn is cash and notes in circulation. Only 0.0000008% of dollars are represented by cash. The rest is lines of code.

Those lines of code represent your bank account balance, your money market funds, CDs , your venmo account etc. When you look at the money in your bank account, there is no cash stored in a vault . You and your bank have a matching line of code. The banks have matching lines of code with their bank, which is the Federal Reserve.

In the US, money stopped being created by human endeavor over 10 years ago. The effect of you and I working and getting paid and then depositing what we get paid into a bank account has almost no impact on money supply anymore. It is infinitesimally small compared to the unilateral power of the Fed to just create dollar money. With a few keyboard strokes The Fed creates money which it which it places on deposit at US banks for the US Gov . The increase in dollar money in 2009-2010 is nothing compared to what happened in 2020-2021

So what is real money today? It is a fair question. I dont think there is a good answer.

Black Sox

Super Anarchist
Dublin, Ireland
Meh. I'm a nurse- impossible to embarrass. Which reminds me, the last time we were going out I offered to give crew a Foley and strap the piss big around their ankle so they wouldn't have to worry about voiding during the race. No takers, can you believe that?
A friend (ahem) once borrowed an external catheter and leg bag from a spinal unit and wore them to the pub. His plan was to bet all comers that he could stand at the bar and drink more than anyone else before going to the jacks.

Poor sod lost because he couldn't, no matter how he tried, just let the piss flow.

I'll pass on your idea and suggest that he use a Foley next time.

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
KEeL Qoin is cash.

Dollar cash is underwritten by nothing. KEel Qoin is underwritten by full faith ledgers maintained by CH who can fit you out with a colostomy bag . Its called planning ahead for old age.

You do realize that James Bond, like the US Dollar, is fictional right?
Alls I know is that I can take cash to the Weston Wolf Stop (a local country store that is a good resting point on hot summer training rides) and get a drink and/or a small bag of chips for energy and sodium. If I was to show up with your faith ledger, I would leave thirsty and salt craved. (And depending on the water I had left, in a dangerous condition)

James Bond is fictional but the quote is real…I prefer Cash!

As far as old age, will be 74 in October so I am well past old age. (And still scoring well in Time Trials in Senior Olympics)

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
We use nothing but the finest virtual FeS2 ........
that explains everything.. Looks like a conFeSSion.... (that is what the FeS2 is... right.. ;))

you obviously think this is sailing alchemy, not sailing anarchy....

close.. but , ah, no coin...... just a slug :(

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
that explains everything.. Looks like a conFeSSion.... (that is what the FeS2 is... right.. ;))

you obviously think this is sailing alchemy, not sailing anarchy....

close.. but , ah, no coin...... just a slug :(
o contraire - can absolutely charge more.
What is FeS2 used for?

Applications. Iron disulfide finds applications in the following areas: Lithium metal sulfide batteries.