Anyone else having issues paying crew in Crypto or NFTs?

accnick

Super Anarchist
Now Nick, why would I pay crew with something of real value when I can give them Crypto Crewgerrands? Foredeck hands have the same social standing as props and locks at Rugby, or seismic crews in the oil patch.
Hah! Props and locks, like grinders,
make the world go ‘round, even if they get no respect.

How many Crewgerrands does it take to buy a beer or dark ‘n stormy at the club bar after a race?

That’s the real test of value.

Foredeck Shuffle

More of a Stoic Cynic, Anarchy Sounds Exhausting
that explains everything.. Looks like a conFeSSion.... (that is what the FeS2 is... right.. ;))

you obviously think this is sailing alchemy, not sailing anarchy....

close.. but , ah, no coin...... just a slug :(
Crypto slugs are flying!

9Iyv6ksNp11is8XoGLDar1xqdz-lKA7ZWyFuWcTykX_AWbBbmUx2gzU7lmzpbiQjLcn_8ZECF18eXaik8IGJPWVKRUdMWBjHnle9Yw=w260

accnick

Super Anarchist
Rhythm guitar: “my girlfriend ran off with the bass player!”

Lead guitar: “At least it wasn’t the drummer.”

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist
Rhythm guitar: “my girlfriend ran off with the bass player!”

Lead guitar: “At least it wasn’t the drummer.”
Just got back from an afternoon gig at a largish venue, we were the closing act, elevator takes gear up or down to the arena floor.

I take a couple of guitars out to the car, come back in and my drummer is using a 1962 Fender Deluxe brownface amp as a doorstop in the elevator.
41E1DAA8-3C38-4E43-8419-9FD2D1329C30.jpeg

accnick

Super Anarchist
Just got back from an afternoon gig at a largish venue, we were the closing act, elevator takes gear up or down to the arena floor.

I take a couple of guitars out to the car, come back in and my drummer is using a 1962 Fender Deluxe brownface amp as a doorstop in the elevator.
That’s a $5000 doorstop. Could get ugly, especially when the elevator door tries to close on it.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

That’s a $5000 doorstop. Could get ugly, especially when the elevator door tries to close on it.

To him, that amp is just a funny-looking drum with meaningless squiggley marks and bumps on it.

Now me, I've got a pedal that bluetooths to the elevator control panel. I can dial it to "hold door open" and play Bb