Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

Happy Jack

Super Anarchist
Florida
Is it just a matter of time before there is a serious outbreak in the US?

I think the public is not ready and the government should start educating us about how a disease outbreak will be contained. How quarantines works how food an care will be distributed. A bit of public awareness might reduce the panic when the time comes.

Every year before hurricane season there are endless public announcements on the news, the Gov. office holds press conferences, they publish a survival guide in the newspapers etc.

I think it is time to start raising public awareness about how to deal with an epidemic too.

Are you prepared for period of adversity? Lost job, weather disruption, earthquake, epidemic etc?

The LDS attitude toward preparedness make a lot of sense. Notice stockpiling guns is not on the shopping list.

34q5u2x.png

V. Green

Super Anarchist
OKC, Oklahoma
I am somewhat concerned with what could happen. That is why I have prepared to some extent. I figure with the supplies I have I can last a few weeks without having to leave my house. After that I have what I need to keep myself and those close to me alive.

Jim M

Super Anarchist
Actually, I think I'm more worried about Ann Coulter or Sarah Palin coming here.

Happy Jack

Super Anarchist
Florida
Hey, buy an Ad. Cheapskate.
I have determined that you are just an ill informed agitator with nothing worthwhile to say. A bus driver clone.

Actually, I think I'm more worried about Ann Coulter or Sarah Palin coming here.
I have determined that you are just an ill informed agitator with nothing worthwhile to say. A Flash clone.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
fuck man - you post an advertisement for a for-profit club that plays up fear and touts emergency planning, even refers to "Members" and you don't find that a commercial post?

Here's a noncommercial post:

Worried? check http://www.ready.gov

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
I think he has a quota on sales, or at least interactions.

Everyone who looks at this thread probably counts against that quota.

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
Keep in mind that Mormons are end-dayers. They are not only preparing for the end times, they are hoping for its arrival. Their stockpiling of food and essentials is to allow them to survive the apocalypse just long enough for the return of Jesus to America. At that point, all good men of the priesthood will be granted their own planet orbiting heavenly father's master planet, Kolob. Each planet will be populated with those who the LDS church has baptized posthumously and those they converted from the unwashed masses. The priesthood holder will have domain of his planet and be a God. His celestial wives will be perpetually pregnant.

Keep your eye on Jack. If he's running to the storeroom, he may have just had a prophecy of the coming end.

Jim M

Super Anarchist
But will Mitt subject us to infomercials and push products on Home Shopping Network while president?

Bus Driver

Cunning Linguist
fuck man - you post an advertisement for a for-profit club that plays up fear and touts emergency planning, even refers to "Members" and you don't find that a commercial post?

Here's a noncommercial post:

Worried? check http://www.ready.gov
Hypocrisy Jack© is an attention-whore of the most highest (lowest?) caliber. He makes everything about himself and wins every argument (in his mind).

He starts disingenuous threads and then engages in semantic gymnastics when his statements are derided for being inaccurate or downright lies.

He admitted to trying some amateurish attempt to gather info on posters here at SA though links he posted.

I am fairly certain he reads everything posted, including stuff by folks he claims to have on "Ignore". Must really chap his ass to be hamstrung by his hissy fit and claim to not read some posts. But, he knows he will, once again, be exposed as a liar if he comments on some posts.

What a pathetic man he has turned out to be and is certainly a disappointment to those close to him.

2slow

Super Anarchist
Georgia
As the crow flies I am about 12 miles from the CDC and about 10 from Emory where the two doctors with Ebola are being treated.

Not really worried. What evs

Death Roll

Super Anarchist
In a certain South American country folks refer to Mormon missionaries as "huevos" because they travel in pairs and one is higher* than the other one.

*because there is the tall white one and the short brown one

I thought that was pretty funny.

Last edited by a moderator: