around the world in a 3'-6"x3'-6" boat

full circle

Super Anarchist
Ventura, CA.

Que

Vancouver, BC
I truly don't get it. Good-God....a 4'x4'x8' aluminum box that will be basically drifting with the currents? Essentially, you are dropping the volume of a cord of wood into the ocean to see where it drifts. What, exactly, is the point? I guess that it is a "record" that nobody will be lined up to break.....

Last edited by a moderator:

full circle

Super Anarchist
Ventura, CA.
it sounds like the guy will be in the standing position for the duration of his trip. 3'-6" x 3'-6" is going to be tough to get overly relaxed in too many other positions. pedal power to generate his electricity? a seventeen foot mast with little sail area? man, is this a darwin candidate?

Que

Vancouver, BC
What are the physiological implications of not being able to get your legs above your heart (or your head below your heart) for 4+ months? What about not being able to extend full range of motion on any appendages? Seriously--I'm in favour of bleeding edge efforts to demonstrate human capability...but this seems somewhat misguided.

Foreverslow

Super Anarchist
about 25 years ago, some moron did a similar stunt on a 8 footer across the Atlantic.

After burning up his luck pulling it off, he then took on the Pacifc

Never heard from again.

The sea is a cruel mistress.

bgytr

Super Anarchist
He should just put the box over his head and pretend he's floating. A little chemical inducement maybe... or a few wacks on the noggin with a baseball bat would save a lot of time and discomfort.

Latest posts