Arrest DeSantis and Abbott: It's a federal crime to knowingly transport undocumented persons across state lines.

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
The fact that they use fraud to entice the Asylum Seekers to get on the plane is pretty much a slam dunk. I really think the Democrats are just such wimpy hand-wringing Pearl clutchers that nothing is going to happen

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
The fact that they use fraud to entice the Asylum Seekers to get on the plane is pretty much a slam dunk. I really think the Democrats are just such wimpy hand-wringing Pearl clutchers that nothing is going to happen
It would be great fun to see one of the northern states where the immigrants ended up arrest DeSantis and Abbot.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Everyone that comes across the border illegally is immediately a felon according to Federal law, so I can’t imagine transporting them anywhere.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
I’ll check out the article I read on Uahoo news yesterday and see if you are correct about that. I just heard on NPR that they were undocumented migrants since you posted.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Then if they crossed the border without going through a legal point of entry to gain access to US soil, then they are illegal immigrants. Not arguing their need to leave Venezuela, just pointing out a fact that is based on law. The same system of laws that should enforce the laws that have been broken by trafficking illegal immigrants/ undocumented asylum seekers.

If they were processed by ICE after setting foot on US soil and released, there will be a legal precedent that needs to be addressed.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Then if they crossed the border without going through a legal point of entry to gain access to US soil, then they are illegal immigrants. Not arguing their need to leave Venezuela, just pointing out a fact that is based on law. The same system of laws that should enforce the laws that have been broken by trafficking illegal immigrants/ undocumented asylum seekers.

If they were processed by ICE after setting foot on US soil and released, there will be a legal precedent that needs to be addressed.
They came across legally, applying for assylum. It's the law, and a treaty obligation to give them a hearing for their claim. Until they have that hearing, they can remain, but they are still "undocumented" as they don't have full rights of residency.

This is opposed to those who illegally cross the border, who when apprehended, are deported.

The people on the bus or plane could NOT have been that type of person, as the Feds would just deport them.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
De insanity and Aabut need whacked with federal charges and fines.
Scoring political points of the downtrodden with no options is despicable.
This what they do. This is who they are. This is why they're popular with the type of people who would veer towards a black man walking up the road to force him to jump in to a ditch instead of offering him a ride. These are the same people who go to church on Sunday morning with their wives and kids, but on Friday night they're in the parking lot of the Dew Drop Inn getting a $20 blow job from a black teenage girl.
Make no mistake. These people not only exist, but they're proud of themselves...... (Just not in front of the wife, on that last part)